S:2 ; Ch:3

"Don't worry. I'm going to help you."

A scream echoed across the shed and over the commlinks forcing everyone to take them off.

"The fire!" Water shouted while adjusting her ears, "I think it's dispersing!"

"What did you say?!" Black shouted.

"What?!"

"Huh?!"

White face palmed mentally and sighed.

"Blue!" Black shouted to Blue, "Let's head in! The smoke seems to be dispersing! Plus, my hearing is slightly better!"

"What?!"

"Can you hear me?!"

"No! I can't hear a word you're saying!"

". . . . ."

"Black?!" Blue asked after getting nothing but a questioning stare in response. He then whispered, "Cole... are you there?"

Black grabbed Blue's hand and pulled him into the shed, annoyed.

"Whoa, hey- What did I do?"

"Shh."

Black and Blue snuck in and hid behind some tables stacked atop each other.

"I can barely see anything," Blue whispered to Black.

"Me either," Black replied, "The smoke here is too much. I can barely concentrate."

Blue turned to Black, worried. He assuredelf that his friend would be returnedrned back to the smoke.

"I don't think the comm link is working," Blue said, looking at his comms. "Let's see if we can get by without it."

"I think I can make out two persons," Black continued. He then pointed. "Over there."

Blue turned in the finger's direction. Two silhouettes stood facing each other. One seemed to be backing away from the other.

"What do you think is going on?" Blue asked. "Let's get closer to find out."

"I think I shouldn't have come in here," Black said, his hand covering his mouth tightly.

"Stay with me, dude," Blue said. "It'll be fine. It won't be like last time."

"Yeah..."

Blue looked around to see if the silhouettes were still there. The smoke had partly dispersed, and Blue could now make out a few details.

"I can't recognize any of them," Blue told Black, "They don't seem to be from our school."

Black slid down the side of the table and sat on the floor. "Tell me what you see," He said.

"One of them is gray-haired, but he looks to be your age, Black."

"My age? Aren't we the same age?" Black chuckled to himself.

"I was being specific. You're older than me by a few hours."

"Does that change anything?"

"Yeah, he seems older than me but doesn't feel older than you."

"That makes no sense."

"I know, but that's how my ninja sense works."

Black stifled a laugh, "So, essentially, he's around our age, but he's mature."

"Well, that's not how I'd phrase-"

"I think I've calmed down now," Black said as he stood up. He dusted his gi and placed a hand on Blue's shoulder. "Thanks."