S: 2; Ch: 17

"Garmadon!" Misako burst into the office at 9 am with rage written all over her face. "What happened yesterday?! Why is one of the kids in the hospital?!"

Garmadon and Wu were surprised by the sudden entrance. Garmadon, who sat writing down some of his thoughts, almost jumped out of his seat at his wife's voice. Wu looked up from the tea in his hand.

"H-hey dear..."

"Good morning, Misako."

Misako looked at the two men in front of her. One seemed nervous, while the other was oddly calm. She turned to Wu.

"You! Aren't you their direct Sensei?! How could this happen?"

"Misako, these things are bound to happen," Wu said. He placed his teacup on the table. "This line of work is known to be dangerous."

Misako fumed. She crossed her arms against her chest and stared at Wu as she tried to find fault with him. "What happened last night? What was it that attacked them?"

Garmadon and Wu looked at each other-

"Stop looking at each other! Answer my question!"

Wu sighed, "What is happening right now will come as a shock to you. Which is why I can't tell you anything about it."

"Sounds like something I have a right to know."

The room was quiet. Garmadon withdrew into his seat, and Wu took another sip of his tea.

"Is this about the boy in the picture?!" Misako asked as she walked further into the room, the door closing behind her. "Did you guys find him? Did the person who sent the pictures attack the ninja?"

"I can't comment on that."

Misako turned to Garmadon with a questioning look. Garmadon withdrew further into his seat and didn't say anything. She sighed.

"If you refuse to say anything, I'll investigate this myself," Misako warned.

"You can't do that."

"No!"

Misako and Wu turned to Garmadon as if he were crazy.

Garmadon sighed. "I think we should tell her."

"What? No," Wu gave his brother a look asking what he was doing.

"Wu..."

"Garmadon."

"Is it that serious?" Misako asked. "If so, I can handle it. I may not be a Sensei like you guys, but I'm not weak."

It was quiet for a bit.

"Well?"

Wu gave in. He picked up his cup. "It's difficult to explain, and I don't like to repeat myself. Come by the Port in two days. Preferably in the middle of the night."

"Finally," Misako sighed. She turned towards the door, "Blue is fine, by the way. I've handled things with his family."

"Thank you for that."

Before leaving, Misako looked at Garmadon. "The next time you skip dinner and come home in the middle of the night without notice, you will sleep outside."

Misako left the room, shutting the door behind her. Garmadon let out a sigh.

"I've done it now, Wu," Garmadon said, placing his head on the table. "How are we going to explain to her about Lloyd?"

"That's for you to figure out," Wu said as he sipped from his tea again. "Next time, follow through with the plan."

"She should know."

"And she would've," Wu pointed out, "After we've figured out this whole situation. We don't know what he did outside the city, where he went, or why he's back. And he won't answer any questions."

"What if I do the asking?"

"It wouldn't work out. He's against seeing you. I wonder how he'll take seeing his mom with how much he doesn't want to see you."

Garmadon went silent in thought. It was quiet in the office.

"I hope you're not thinking of anything weird."

"What? Whatever do you mean?"

Wu sighed and placed the now empty cup on the table. He picked up a teapot on the table and poured more tea for himself.

"Shouldn't you be eating actual food?" Garmadon asked.

"Shouldn't you be figuring out how to introduce the mother to her son?"

" . . . "

"I thought so."

~X~x~X~x~X~

"What do you think our Senseis will tell us?" Water asked over the commlink. He was riding in her jet, as were the other ninjas in theirs. The blue and silver aircraft moved at high speed over the buildings in the city. With Water were Black and Blue seated behind.

"I think our Senseis and the mysterious person are related somehow," Alone in his grey-black jet that seemed to blend in, Wind replied.

"I forgot you confronted the guy," Red said. He was seated as copilot in Orange's jet. "Did he say anything worth knowing?"

"He talked like he knew me," Wind said, "I tried to play along with it and ask some questions."

"He talked like he knew you?" Black asked.

"Yes, he didn't seem to hide it."

"What kind of questions?" Blue also asked. "Did he answer any?"

"He didn't give any details, and when he did, it made no sense. It also seemed like he was switching between a first and third-person point of view."

"So, wait?" Orange said, her hands on the wheel. "He's possessed?"

"Who's possessed?" White asked, entering the conversation. He had arrived at the Port and was waiting outside for them.

"The person who showed up a few nights before," Water answered, "Or at least, that's how it seems."

"I see..." White replied, confused, "Hurry here before Sensei Wu and Garmadon arrive."

"There's still an hour until the set time," Red said.

"Yeah, an hour to check things out for ourselves. Remember?" White reminded him.

"Right..."

"We can see you, White," Water said. "Guess who'll be taking home that coupon."

"What are you saying?" Red asked smugly, "Orange and I are almost at the parking lot. We're winning this."

"You're forgetting someone," Wind said.