S:2 ; Ch:1

It was senior year, finally. Jay sat on the stairs talking to his friends, Cole and Zane. The three teens were talking with each other while flipping through magazines about the best-tailored suits.

"I wish I looked like these guys," Jay sighed. "They seem so well done and confident."

"Yes," Zane agreed, "Their suits look good on them. Especially these white ones. And their shoes. Divine!"

"I don't think Jay's talking about suits anymore," Cole told Zane.

"He's not?"

"Jay still hasn't asked a certain someone out to the prom," Cole said, "He's upset that he's too nervous to do it and that Dareth might beat him to it."

"Dareth?!" Zane asked. "Will Ny-"

"Shh, don't say her name!" Jay said, covering Zane's mouth swiftly.

"Why?" Cole asked, confused. "Since when did you not want us to say her name?

Jay stopped for a moment as if he was also confused. He rubbed the back of his neck, worried and confused.

"I... I'm not sure," Jay said. "Let's just go back to the magazines."

"Hey, look," Cole said, looking to his left. "There's Dareth. Why's he all dressed up?"

The three stood watching Dareth walk by them, a strong perfume filling the air.

"Hey, Dareth..." Zane said, not able to process the situation.

"Hello, Zane and his friends," Dareth said as he walked past, giving them a quick wink.

"You don't think he's going to..." Zane's voice trailed off as he turned towards Jay.

Jay seemed distracted. He wasn't paying any attention, and when Cole and Zane called out to him, he wouldn't respond.

Cole and Zane looked at each other with worried glances. It was the fourth time that week, and each time Jay recovered, he became quieter and quieter. They worried he would start keeping to himself.

"Jay, snap out of it!" Cole said and began shaking Jay's arm frantically. "Come on. Dareth's over there with his strong perfume asking out the girl you like. You can't be in this state!"

Jay suddenly shook his head, forcing himself to snap out of it.

"I can't believe he's a ninja," Jay muttered. Zane and Cole didn't pick up on what he said and were just about to ask when Jay fell.

"I think your legs gave out," Cole said to Jay. He then whispered, "Why do you keep spacing out? Are you finally awakening your elemental powers?"

"What?" Jay whispered back, "Of course not."

"Really?" Cole said, "Because Red said he experienced something similar before he got his element."

"Well, that's not what's happening."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolute."

"Include me in your whispering..." Zane said, joining in their conversation.

Cole chuckled, "Okay, Zane. Help me ask Jay why he spaces out so much."

"I-"

"Jay, why do you space out so much?"

"I'm not sure," Jay assured. "It's like I was in another reality similar to ours."

"So," Cole said, "You're daydreaming. Again."

"No, no, this is different," Jay said. "Gah, how do I explain this?"

"Maybe you could tell us what you saw?" Zane suggested.

"That's not a bad idea," Cole said to Zane. He looked back at Jay, "Jay, spill everything."

"What are you boys doing?" A female voice asked.

The boys turned before realizing the situation they were in at that moment. Zane's arms still held Jay, and Cole and Zane stood over Jay.

"Are you reenacting some sort of play?"

The teens straightened themselves up as quickly as they could.

"H- hey, Nya! Funny seeing you here..." Jay said as a dry laugh escaped his mouth. A whimpering Dareth fumes, walking in the opposite direction. The three boys pretend not to notice.

"We are at school, Jay. Where else is she supposed to be?" Cole said in an effort not to facepalm.

"Relax, Cole," Zane whispered, "It's very natural for a person to be nervous in front of their c-"

"Zane! Shh!" Jay and Cole whispered.

Nya placed her hands on her hips as she tried to figure out the people in front of her. She then stifled a laugh.

The boys turned to Nya, wondering what was funny.

"What's going on?" Cole whispered.

"Some people laugh or smile when they are nervous. Maybe Nya is nervous?"

"Really?" Jay asked, unbelieving.

"Let's just ask her," Cole whispered as he walked down the steps to meet Nya. "Hello, Nya. What brings you here? Did you need us for something?"

"Ah, yes, I did," Nya said, calming down. "I need help looking for my brother. Our free period has just about ended, so I was looking for him so we could start the club meeting. The problem is, I can't find him."

"Right, the club," Cole said. "We almost forgot."

"We could help you look for Kai," Zane stated.

A slight groan was heard from the back of the group. They faced Jay, worry written all over Zane and Cole's faces.

"Jay," Nya called out, "Did you say something?"

"No, don't worry," Cole said frantically. He rushed to Jay's side and wrapped his arm around Jay's shoulders. "He's excited to help look for Kai."

"Um," Zane said, trying to cover up, "We'll be heading over to the homerooms to start on the search."

"I already checked," Nya said, pacing, "I've also been to the labs, the garden, the shed, and even the clubroom."

"Don't worry," Cole said in a hurry. "We'll think of someplace to look for your brother."

"We'll text you if we find him," Zane said. He and Cole walked up the stairs with Jay in hand. "If we don't we'll meet you at the club."

"Okay," Nya said, watching the guys leave. She then noticed the pile of magazines on the floor. "Wait, you forgot..."

She realized they were already gone. She walked over to the pile and picked up the books.

"What's with all these pictures of men in suits? Is this what men read these days?"

"FIRE!!! FIRE!!!"

An alarm broke out and students began rushing out of the classrooms. Nya stood confused in all the commotion before snapping out of it. She stopped someone who was running along with the herd of students.

"Stacy, what's going on?"

"There's a fire coming from the boys' locker room," Stacy said, exhausted from running. "Come, let's get out of here."

Stacy pulled on Nya, urging her to run outside with her.

"No way," Nya said, removing her hand from Stacy's grasp. "I need to go find my brother." He might be the cause of this! I knew he was finding it hard to control his power. Nya thought to herself.

"I'm sure your brother is fine! Come let's go!"

"No! You go on ahead. I'll meet you outside!" Nya took off, leaving Stacy in disbelief.

"I'm coming for you, Kai."

~X~x~X~x~X~

Hello!! How are you all doing?! Great, I assume.

Well, Welcome To Season 2!!! I hope you all enjoyed the first episode. I'll see you in a couple of days.