S:2; Ch:23

"Why is everyone still here?" Lloyd muttered, tired and slightly annoyed.

"What did he say?" Blue whispered, asking Black what Lloyd said. "Did you hear it?"

"Students, please take Red inside the inner room and watch him there," Wu stated.

"Yes, Sensei."

"Son," Garmadon said, walking up slowly to the teen crouched in the corner, "It's been a long night."

Garmadon couldn't tell what expression Lloyd was making, but he felt his son was either too tired or couldn't care less. Even though the hood Lloyd had on was not so large, there seemed to be a shadow cast on the boy's face preventing anyone from seeing it.

"...Are you finally leaving? Or can I finally leave?" Lloyd said louder than before, slight annoyance hinted in his voice.

"The first one... We had planned to discuss an issue with you before leaving, but this seems like a lot for one night."

Wu turned to leave for the inner room where the ninjas were, with Garmadon following behind.

"Goodbye," Misako said, "You'll uphold our agreement, right?"

Ten minutes later, the ninjas had all left with the ninjas and Misako, leaving Lloyd alone in the room. A small trail of dark essence ran all the way from Lloyd's feet to the light switch, turning the entire room dark.

" . . . "

"They're still all as I remember. . . "

It was painful, right? Seeing the people you loved after so long and having to act cold to them, can make even a big man like me heartbroken.

"Saying stuff like that still doesn't work on me. Stop talking."

Maybe not before, but then we had nothing to talk about. Things have changed. Don't you think?

"..."

You can't ignore me, forever, boy!! We're stuck in the one place you are most disadvantaged!! I will conquer Ninjago, final-!!!

"Shut it!"

" - "

~X~x~X~x~X~

The next day at NCHS was a busy day for Cole and Jay as they hurried to get the work for the E-club done in time. Kai was with his sister, Nya, stuck at afterschool cleaning while Zane was running an errand for the club.

Split, Splat

Cole immediately turned his attention to the sound of something dripping. He had been looking through a few documents when he suddenly heard the noise.

"Jay, did you hear something?"

"Huh?"

"Did y-"

"Oh, no, no, I didn't hear anything," His voice sounded like he had something in his nose.

Cole looked over at his friend, but Jay's head turned away.

"Jay, don't tell me you had another nosebleed?"

"Don't worry, Cole, it's fine."

"The more you say that, the more worrying it is."

Jay sighed and turned to face Cole, his nose plugged with tissue. "I've gotten used to it at this point. It's all good."

"What do you mean it's all good?!" Cole's face screamed horrified as he stared at Jay being calm. "It can be classified as all good when you're healthy! Why are you adapting to the situation?!"