S:2; Ch:5

Zane sat staring at his vice president chat with their newest client. It seemed to be taking longer than most conversations did. To the robotic android, it was easy to tell that Kai kept straying further from the main topic. Even Jay had noticed.

Speaking of which, his chatterbox of a friend had been quiet these past minutes. He was spacing out much differently than before and had a gloomy expression. Zane felt he was in no mood to do anything about it. After all, he was feeling the same way.

"I just remembered we had two students transferring," Jay spoke, snapping out of his thoughts. He then picked up the pile of paper lying on the desk.

"What about it?" Zane asked.

"Well, shouldn't the second one be here too?"

Jay had a point. NCHS had a system. The first thing after accepting new students is directing them to the E-club. Being an official club, they worked directly with the school to keep things balanced and organized.

"Maybe he forgot or couldn't make it," Zane wondered aloud.

"Says here he transferred three weeks ago."

"Really? How has he been going to classes and such?" Zane asked, confused. "Is his schedule in there?"

"No..."

Zane and Jay exchanged glances of confusion.

"What's his name then? Let's go to him since he hasn't come to us."

Jay stared at the paper in his hand, stroking his chin in confusion.

"What?"

"Well," Jay started, "I'm not sure if this is some prank from the student council or if there's something wrong..."

"What is it? Don't tell me his details happen to be blank."

"That's precisely how it is."

" .  .  . "

A female figure walked in, interrupting the conversation. In hand were large stacks of papers that hid the person's face leaving only their eyes.

"Hi, Nya," Jay called out. "Need a hand?"

"It's fine," Nya said, despite sounding like her hands had been carrying rocks.

"That's obviously heavy," Kai said as he walked up to his sister. He took out a pile from the stack.

"Where to?"

"That desk where Zane and Jay are," Nya replied. The siblings proceeded to place the papers on the desk.

"Please don't tell me that that is what I think it is?" Jay said with a frown.

Kai picked up the first sheet of paper. "If you were thinking entrance exam handling for the E-club, then you're correct."

Jay groaned at Kai's words."Can I opt out?" He whined.

"Nope."

"Actually, Nya," Zane spoke up, "We seem to have a bit of a problem. Jay and I would like to investigate it."

"What problem?" Kai and Nya asked together.

Zane explained the situation regarding the unknown transfer student and how his form was practically empty.

"Hmm," Nya hummed in thought, "How are we doing with the first guy so far?"

"Oh, you wouldn't believe it," Kai said with a smile, "He's a huge fan of The Crease! Just like me! His dad works as their manager and he was able to get a VIP ticket to their next concert. What I wouldn't give to have that."

" .  .  . "

"I'd say it's going well..." Zane stated.

"Okay... who's going to show him around the school?" Nya asked.

"Let Kai do it. They seem like best friends already." Jay suggested.

"Isn't that you guys' job?" Kai complained as he felt lazy all of a sudden.

"You don't even do anything besides attracting girls here," Nya sighed. "It's settled. Kai will do it."

"Hey, I'm the vice president. You can't just decide these things."

"Think of it this way," Zane said, "Jay and I are busy with this mystery transfer, and Nya's busy with taking on Cole's duties. Or do you want to switch with your sister?"

"Fine, fine, fine," Kai admitted defeat. "I'll go. Where do I start?"

"Start with this," Jay said, offering a sheet of paper. "It's his class schedule. Usually, the school has a website that he can log in to but that fire destroyed the school's servers. We're stuck doing things manually."

"I see."

"Look through the schedule and use it as a tour map, if you understand," Jay continued.

"I think so..." Kai answered as took the sheet of paper. He then made his way to the grey-haired boy sitting on the couch.

"Good luck, brother!" Nya called out before playfully tossing him a cap. "Try not to attract too much attention and be done in 30 minutes."

As expected of the star player of the NCHS volleyball team, Kai caught the cap in time. He placed it on his spiky brown hair and made his way toward Ash.

"Alright then," Zane said, standing, "Jay and I will be heading over to meet the student council vice president. If you're leaving, Nya, remember to lock the doors."

"And don't let anyone in," Jay warned, "Especially the Outpost members. For all we know, they could be behind this entire mess."

"Jay, you suspect them for everything," Nya said, her hands on her hips.

"It can't be helped. Not with all the tricks they pull during important occasions to make us look bad."

"Which never works by the way," Zane reminded.

"It's still annoying to deal with," Jay complained.

"Ahem!"

The conversation between the three E-club members was interrupted by a familiar-sounding cough.

"Skylor!"