S:2; Ch:10

"This is just a photoshopped image," Garmadon finally said, his voice quiet and solemn. "This person in the picture... does not exist."

~X~x~X~x~X~

Cole and Zane stared at Jay from the hospital window. A nurse walked into the ward. The sound of him dropping a tray full of syringes and cotton buds startled them.

"What's got you young ones so focused?" He asked. He moved in on Cole and patted his shoulder.

"Uh," Cole said, noting what was about to happen, "Is that necessary?"

"How else will you take your medicine? You've thrown up everything we've given you."

Cole shied away from the nurse.

"Cole's always been against needles," Zane told the nurse. "Cole, turn over and let the nurse do his job."

"But-" Cole held his tongue, "Fine, but don't look. You can't see my behind..."

The nurse let out a short laugh, "Someone as big as you is scared of needles. I would've never imagined."

"Why am I the only one not entertained?" Cole said as he turned over on the bed.

"It is a little," Zane said between stifled laughs. He faced the window like Cole asked, pretending something was interesting there. "It seems Jay's already left. I can't see him anymore."

"Hmm, I wonder he left so early," Cole said, "He didn't even touch the snacks."

The nurse looked over at the snacks. "That looks familiar."

"What does?" Zane turned to the nurse.

"I said don't look!"

"Oh, sorry," Zane said, holding his laughter again. He quickly turned, "I didn't see anything."

"Does the person you're talking about happen to have curly brown hair and is wearing blue?" The nurse asked, a hint of concern in his voice.

"Yes... ?"

"I think I bumped into him before heading over to do my rounds," The nurse stated, "He didn't look well."

"What- Ah?!" Cole shot up, surprised, but then the pain of the needle in his skin made him regret it.

"Don't move," The nurse warned. Hints of laughter could be heard escaping Zane's lips.

"You think this is funny?!"

"A little."

"Just wait until I'm fully recovered."

"Sure."

"All done!" The nurse stated. "I'll be heading out now. Make sure your friend is alright. It seemed to me like he was having a bit of a mental breakdown."

"Wait, if you saw him having a breakdown, why didn't you do anything about it?" Cole asked, his hand tugging on the nurse's shirt.

"I didn't notice anything at first. He seemed to be staring into space with a depressed look."

". . ."

"I'm going now. Take care of your friend."

The nurse left the room. Cole pulled himself to sit on the bed before picking up a chocolate bar from the pile of snacks.

"This bar looks suspicious."

"Can I look now?"

"Oh, right," Cole's face flushed from embarrassment. "You can. What do you think of this bar of choco?"

Zane turned away from the window. He walked toward the bed with a smile on his face. He was holding in his laugh.

"You still think it's funny?!"