S:2; Ch:19

Clang! Crash!

The ninjas turned to the wall where the sound came from.

"Or not..." Blue muttered.

"Here," White pointed to what turned out to be a small square corner in the wall. "I think it's a button."

The crash noises start to sound more violent which worried the ninjas.

White pushed the button and the walls began to vibrate a bit. The ninjas took a step back as they watched the wall open up like an elevator.

The seven students were met with a strange scene. Covering nearly half the floor was a dark essence that seemed to be retreating slowly.

Water walked in with the others following behind her.

"Wait, did you not see that dark thing in the room? Why are we going inside?" Blue said, staring cautiously at the room.

"You could come in," Orange told Blue, "Or you could stay out there... in the dark... all by yourself."

Blue frowned and walked inside, the walls closing immediately behind him.

The ninjas took in the room. It was spacious but empty, except for a few broken chairs scattered around. The white wallpaper had shredded pieces lying over the place.

"What happened here?" Red said. "Why's the thing that attacked us that night spread out on the ground?"

"There's someone there," White pointed to the pool of darkness. "The person is alive."

"Mr. Cold that can't be," Orange said, "That doesn't look deep. It looks more like water spread out on a surface, except it isn't water."

"True..." Water said.

The darkness started to get smaller. The ninjas watched it shrink into a corner in the room. They followed after, standing ready for anything that could happen.

Retch!

The ninjas turned around immediately to the sound of vomiting.

"Blue?" Red asked.

"I don't think he ate anything bad today," White muttered in thought. "Could it be... Black!"

White looked around him but Black wasn't near him. "Where did he- ?"

"With Blue," Water said, "I don't even know when- "

White went over to meet the two of them in the small bathroom.

"Black," White whispered, "You'll need to take Blue out of here."

"What? Why?"

"I think he's reacting to that dark thing."

"Huh?"

"Remember when it first attacked us? He passed out and lost his memory of the past week. Now he's come in contact with it again and he's throwing up. I'm sensing a pattern."

"Alright then."

"Wait," It was Blue, "Let me rest a bit before we start all the walking."

"Is everything okay in there?" Water called out.

Blue poked his head out of the bathroom and nodded.

"Well, that was strange," Orange wondered.

"Very," Wind answered. He turned back his attention to the dark pool but found it gone. "Where did the dark thing go to?"

The remaining four looked around as to where the mysterious dark essence had vanished to.

The sound of the wall opening was heard and everyone turned their attention.

"Students!" Sensei Wu tapped his staff against the ground. The seven immediately assembled in front of him.

"He came early," Red whispered.

"Why are you guys here early?" Garmadon said appearing from behind Wu.

"Well..." Water said, "We wanted to look around and we stumbled upon this place."

"Bring me and my brother a seat," Wu said calmly.

The ninjas looked at each other confused.

"Actually, Sensei, the chairs- "

"He's not referring to you," Garmadon whispered to them. This left the seven even more confused.

Two chairs appeared from a shadow in the ground.

"What the- ?!!!!"

"It's not a cause for alarm," Garmadon assured them. "If you would show yourself."

"Are you referring to the thing that attacked us?" Blue asked, "I don't think we need to see that."

"Is it at least appealing to the eye?" Orange asked. "It's not like some ugly blob of goo like in cartoons or some monster-like fiend."

"I'm human." A voice said from behind, startling the ninjas. They turned and were met with the sight of a person. This person looked to be about their age.

"That's the guy in the picture!" Red exclaimed.

"Except older and skinny," Wind added.

The person rolled his eyes.

"What do we call him?" Water asked.

"Whatever you feel like," He answered before disappearing into the shadows.

"How are we so sure that that's what it looks like?" Orange asked. "It could be transforming to look like the kid in the picture. It could be some intelligent life form created by some new villain."

Garmadon and Wu eyed each other. Before anyone could say anything, the wall opened up again.

"Misako, welcome."