S:2; Ch:13

"What are you getting all worked up for?" A voice echoed in the room.

This startled the ninjas even more than the previous sound. No one knew their hideout, and not even animals visited the area. When did someone get in there? And how did the ninjas not notice? How long has this stranger been there? How did they find this place? Are they friend or foe?

"You've grown a lot taller since the last time we met," The voice said. "That's oppressing. This body is still around the same height since you last saw it."

"Who are you?!" White demanded. "How did you get here?!"

"I haven't exactly decided on a name..." The voice said. It no longer echoed and seemed to come from the back of the room. The ninjas turned their attention, making sure their guard was up.

"I mean, I have a name, but I'm considering changing it," The voice continued.

"How did you get in here?!" Red asked.

"Well, you see, that doesn't matter," The voice said, "Why do you sound offended anyway? You lot are the ones talking about me. I should be the one offended."

Suddenly, a dark mist rushed from the back of the room and lunged toward White faster than anyone realized. White was quick on his feet and dodged it.

"Nuh, uh, uh," The voice said, "No calling for help. Try it again, and I'll rip you to shreds. Like I did last time."

The ninjas were feeling wary of this person. If everything he said was true, he was the person they were looking for. Greenbean was the name they gave him. However, that name did not seem to fit. The hostility, the cold atmosphere, the feeling of a predator cornering their prey. These belonged to an evil lord.

"Would you look at the time?" The voice continued, "I have to leave now. Sigh... I didn't even get to introduce myself properly."

A pair of violent red irises glowed in the dark, a light chuckle following. The dark mist cleared and, in a rush, broke through the wall.

"Hey!" Red ran toward the wall but stopped before he collided with what appeared to be a dark mist wrapped around a person.

"That darn, *asdfghjk," They heard the voice mutter before the dark mist disappeared outside. Red rushed to the wall once again. The other ninjas rushed too.

*incomprehensible

"What just happened?" Orange asked, completely freaked out.

"I'm contacting Sensei Wu and Sensei Garmadon right now," White said, the urgency clear in his voice.

A sudden thud was heard from behind the ninjas. They turned almost immediately to find Blue on his knees, grabbing his chest tightly with one hand and steadying himself against the floor with the other.

"Blue?!" Black said almost immediately. He hurried to where Blue knelt. "Blue! Blue, are you okay!! What's wrong with you?!! Guys! Something's wrong with Blue!!"

The ninjas snapped out of their shock and panic and began to panic.

"Uh, what do we do?!" Red asked, "It's not like we can call 911!"

"I know some first aid!" Orange blurted out before rushing to his side.

"Can you reach Sensei?" Water asked White.

"I've sent an emergency message to the office, but I'm still trying his phone," White answered. "How's Blue?!"

"He's not getting any better!" Black replied worriedly, "The only response we're getting from him is that his head and chest hurt!"

"I- I'm s- sorry," Orange said, panicking, "I- I've never dealt with a p- panic attack this level..."

Red snapped out of his panic. He ran over to where Black was holding Blue and picked him up. "Black, Orange, follow me. White and Water head over to HQ and report what happened. Wind, follow after that person. Everyone go!"

~X~x~X~x~X~

"What!"

Wu's unexpectedly loud voice made Garmadon choke on his tea.

It was almost 9 pm. Why is brother screaming? Garmadon wondered.

"Brother, there's trouble," Wu said.

"Tell the ninjas, then," Garmadon said, taking a sip. "Isn't that standard protocol- ?"

"Brother," Wu sighed. Did my panic not mean anything to you? Would I freak out like this over standard protocol?

"It's the ninjas who are in trouble," Wu continued.

"Well, that's quite unexpected. I hope they're fine." Garmadon put his cup down. "Send some of their juniors as a backup. Wu, you should know by now-"

"It was him," Wu deadpanned. "He infiltrated their hideout, and the ninjas got attacked with his dark energy. Blue had a panic attack because of what happened, and it was so severe that Red was on his way with him to our private hospital. White and Water are on their way here."

Garmadon was so stunned and confused he forgot his tea.

"What did you say?" Garnadon asked, "Him?"

Wu nodded. "I'll head over to visit Blue. You meet up with Water and White. The three of you follow Wind to track him down."

"I don't think I'm ready to face him yet."

"Sigh, fine, we'll switch," Wu said. He picked up his bamboo staff and his straw hat. Garmadon put on his long robes, and the two went their separate ways.

~X~x~X~x~X~

Red hopped off Black's jet plane onto the hospital roof, Blue in hand. Orange had called ahead, so doctors and nurses were already awaiting their arrival.

"Place him on the bed!" A doctor said as he helped Red with Blue.

The doctors and nurses took control of the situation immediately. Relief washed over Red and Orange.

"Hey, Black!" Red called out to Black, who was still in the plane. "What are you doing in there? You should have gone in to check on him."

"Red, I don't think-"

"Don't think what? It's his best friend, and he's sitting on the plane." Red began to walk to the plane.

"Red," Orange said firmly. She pulled on his gi to stop him from moving. "Black needs some space. As you said, that's his best friend."

"... you're right."

~X~x~X~x~X~

Wind moved from building to building, using his unlocked elemental power to move faster. As he moved, he scanned his surroundings for anything suspicious. Being a wind elemental gave him the advantage of being able to sense things more accurately.

There, Wind thought. He took a sharp turn toward the sound he picked up. He found himself on an empty street on the outskirt of Ninjago City.

*bang*

Wind felt an immense pain rush through his body. He soon realized he was pushed against the wall by an intense force.

"It's you?"