Chapter 24

It was already 11 pm. Morro and Skylor had to wait a while for a bus, after which they got stuck in some late-night traffic. The two soon arrived at Lloyd's home.

"Miss Garmadon," Morro called out, knocking from the other side of the door. "Sorry, but is Lloyd home?"

The door opens, and Lloyd's mom, Misako, is seen in a pair of PJs and a bathrobe.

"Hello, Morro and Skylor," She said, with a smile, "I thought you two went home."

"Something came up," Skylor told her. "Is Lloyd home?"

"No," Misako answered, thinking. "Come in."

Morro and Skylor walked into the apartment, taking off their shoes and heading inside the living room.

"Well, this is a surprise," Wu said, coming down the stairs, "Weren't you supposed to be at home?"

"We needed to talk to Lloyd," Morro told him. Wu looked at the two curiously, thinking.

"Lloyd went on patrol, right?" Skylor asked.

"Yes," Wu answered, "But he should return soon. Is there something wrong?"

"I think Lloyd took the entire city's memories intentionally," Morro answered.

"Intentionally? Wasn't it a mistake that he's been planning all this time to fix?" Misako said, bringing in some tea for them.

"It's possible he's lying," Morro said, "For all we know, he could be trying to fix those whose memories weren't lost."

"Well, I'm not sure about that," Skylor said. "Lloyd seemed like he was having a panic attack that time when Morro told him that the entire Ninjago City couldn't remember him and the green ninja."

"This all seems confusing," Wu said, "Did you call Lloyd?"

"He didn't pick up," Morro and Skylor answered.

It was quiet in the room as everyone silently pondered on the situation. The silence was suddenly interrupted by the sound of the front door opening.

"Man, I'm so tired," Someone said coming in through the door.

Misako looked over to see who the person had entered. "Lloyd, you're home," She said, walking over to him.

"Me?" The boy asked, "Well, I'm not Lloyd."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Are you the only one here?"

"Well, no... What's going on?" Misako said, her arms crossed.

"Are you a copy?" Morro asked, standing up from his seat.

"Yup!" He said, excitedly, "I'm Chelsea. And I came to warn you!"

Looking at him closely, they realized Chelsea was a little bit more different than Lloyd. For one, his clothes were of warm colors, and his hair was packed up in a ponytail. Also, his irises were of a much lighter green.

"Why do you seem excited to warn us?" Skylor asked.

"Why did Lloyd send a clone and not himself," Wu said, "What exactly are you warning us of?"

"Lloyd," Chelsea said, resting on the couch.

"Why do you seem so relaxed?" Skylor asked, "I thought you were here to warn us."

"Yes, of Lloyd," Chelsea answered. Chelsea yawned and made himself comfortable. "Also, I am Lloyd's casual personality. When things get too stressful, I tend to fade and form a new personality based off of frustration."

"You're a two-in-one personality?" Misako asked, "How does my son even do this stuff?"

"Oh, it's really simple," Chelsea told Misako, putting his feet up on the couch, "You can do anything with d-"

Skylor flicked the boy's head. "We would appreciate it if you would do what you came here to do."

"Aw, but Sky..." Chelsea mocked and rolled his eyes. "If you really want to know, Lloyd plans to create a much quiet Ninjago for himself. A Ninjago where no one knows who he is. Not even you people."

Just then, another duplicate of Lloyd barged in through the door. His appearance was of a more bad boy style. He had a bald cut at the side of his head and piercings on his ears. He was a whole foot taller than the actual Lloyd. He was covered in sweat and looked exhausted. He suddenly turned to the startled group of people, shooting a glare towards Chelsea.

"Pardon the interruption," The mystery copy spoke, "I was sent here to warn you."

The mystery copy turned and noticed Chelsea in the living room. Chelsea sharply looked away and began to worry frantically.

"And it seems a friend of mine is already here. My name is Lance and I've come here to warn you that your minds are all in danger."

Lance walked over to Chelsea and pulled him by the ear, forcefully twisting it with an enraged look on his face.

Lance calmed down and let go of Chelsea's now red ear. He focused his attention on the rest in the living room.

"Lloyd's mother, Lloyd's uncle, Morro, and Skylor," Lance said, "I apologize for the sudden intrusion. However, we are currently in a situation requiring your help."

"Lance, right?" Wu asked.

"Yes, Lloyd's uncle."

"I think we need proper introductions," Wu told him, "We've been under the impression that Lloyd only had certain personalities he could bring to life."

"Yes," Lance answered, "It's difficult to explain and we do not have the time to go into details. I am Lance, Lloyd's detached but older brother personality. This is Chelsea, Lloyd's relaxed but arrogant self."

"Alright, Lance. How serious is this situation anyway?" Skylor asked.

"Well," Chelsea said, speaking up, "We are talking about a super-powerful weapon deleting the memories of every citizen of Ninjago, so how serious do you think it is?"

"Wait, what?!" Skylor said. "He's doing that again?!"

"What does Lloyd think he's doing now?" Morro facepalmed. "Can't he just be normal?"

"What is this super-powerful weapon," Wu asked.

"The same one Garmadon had been creating for the past twelve years," Lance replied.

"Lloyd."