Chapter 42: Past Unveiled

Bakugo's shock started to fade and was instead replaced by a fury he had seldom ever experienced. He couldn't think straight, all his attention, all his thoughts were focused on the individual before him. He just reacted unthinkingly, he strode towards the unmoving Izuku Midoriya.

"You goddammed... SON OF A BITCH!" he roared, lunging forward and smashing his right fist into Izuku's face as hard as he could.

Izuku was sent reeling to his left, barely staying upright from the blow.

Bakugo didn't even feel the pain in his fist from the blow, his rage so strong that he shook all over and smoke drifted lazily into the air from his clenched fists.

"You... YOU...!" He said, his voice shaking.

"HOW FUCKING DARE YOU SHOW UP LIKE THIS!" He roared.

Izuku didn't say anything, his face turned away from Bakugo after taking his punch.

Seconds passed by without Izuku saying anything and Bakugo snapped again.

"SAY SOMETHING DAMN YOU!" He screamed, lurching forward grabbing the front of Izuku's armor, and turning him to face Bakugo.

The rain and the darkness though made seeing his face difficult, made more difficult by the fact that Izuku kept his head down, eyes towards the ground.

"YOU'RE PART OF THE QSU ISN'T THAT RIGHT?! WHERE'S ALL THAT GODDAMMED TRAINING YOU FREAKS UNDERGO TO KILL PEOPLE LIKE ME!?" He screamed into his face.

When Izuku still said nothing, he slammed his fist into Izuku again, letting go as he did and letting Izuku fall to the ground.

"Fuck you..." He whispered, gasping for breath, his rage exhausting him.

Izuku got up from the ground, wiping mud away from his face. It was then that he finally spoke.

"I... Don't hate you, Bakugo," he said slowly and evenly.

Something in Bakugo snapped again, something different from before. 

"You... You... You arrogant, self-righteous, fucking asshole..." He said, his voice shaking again.

Before he knew it, he was slamming his fists into Izuku each one punctuated by his screaming out his rage.

"HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT!" He slammed a fist into Izuku's side.

"HOW DARE YOU ACT SO SUPERIOR!" He slammed another fist into his face.

"YOU HAVE NOTHING!" Another fist into his stomach.

"YOU ARE NOTHING!" His face again.

"YOU DESERVE NOTHING!" The chest.

"SO GOD DAMN YOU, HATE ME!" The face.

"ABHOR ME!" The stomach.

"DESPISE ME!"

"HATE ME!!"

"HATE MEEE!!!" He screamed out, his throat almost tearing from the strain and his voice cracking, and as his voice cracked so too did his rage.

He stood over top Izuku, panting, gulping in huge lungfuls of air, as he stared at Izuku.

Izuku lay spread eagle on the ground, staring upward into the sky.

They stayed like that for a long time, before Bakugo finally broke the silence.

"How... how can you not hate me... after everything that I did..." He said in a hoarse voice.