Chapter 59: Lost Legacy

Hawks coughed as he flew through the massive dust cloud that had rolled over the city. As he flew out of the dust, he finally got a clear look at everything. Nearby he could see an enormous crater, his first thought flashed to Shigaraki. The crater looked like the kind he created with Decay.

"Did Zeus resurrect Shigaraki?" he thought.

It was an insane idea, but no other villain had that sort of power. A dozen different scenarios played through his mind, if Shigaraki was back then they were likely doomed. Only two Angels remained; except one was in an institution and the other would likely be driven insane if forced to use it again.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck..." he thought, a rare experience of panic starting to grow within him.

Then he saw something fly out of the dust cloud above the crater. Then he saw an enormous shockwave ripple across the sky and push the dust cloud farther out across the city. Something smashed through several buildings in the distance, before impacting the ground. He pulled out small binoculars and looked for the source of the shockwave.

He saw the figure floating in the sky, a faint glow emanating from them. He upped the magnification to its highest and he could just make out the figure. It wasn't Shigaraki to his relief, but it was possibly the second worst thing. Yo Shindo floated in the air, his QUEESS glowing.

He put the binoculars away and sped toward whatever Yo Shindo had sent flying halfway across the city. As he flew he flipped his radio on and started a broad transmission to whoever could hear him.

"This is Hawks, a powerful enemy agent has appeared in the city. Whoever can hear this, abandon your post and converge on the epicenter. Do not attempt to fight the enemy present, you need only distract and buy time while an Angel is deployed to fight the enemy directly. Again, do attempt to fight them. Buying time is of the utmost importance, if we cannot defeat this threat, then the city will fall along with all its inhabitants." He said into his radio.

He was going to see whatever or whoever it was Yo Shindo had sent flying across the city, then he was going to track down Uraraka and force her into the QUEESS by any means necessary. They were out of options.

As he approached the crater, dread stole over him and he felt panic return. Uraraka lay in the crater, a dent in her chest where Yo Shindo had hit her directly. Blood oozed out of her and as he landed next to her he realized she wasn't breathing.

"No, no, no, no, no, no..." he muttered as he checked for any signs of life. He broke out into a cold sweat as the worst possible scenario came to life.

Uraraka was dead and any hopes of stopping Yo Shindo had gone with her. He started going through a mental checklist of everything he could do to mitigate what damage he could. As he started going through potential countermeasures he remembered the obvious.

All was not lost, he sent his feathers to Uraraka's broken body and lifted her into the air, then he started speeding toward U.A. as fast as he was able. He dismissed doing whatever harm he might do to her body and focused on greater speed. He needed to get her to the lab before too much time passed, or else their defeat was inevitable.

_____________________________________________________________________

Yo Shindo lowered himself to the ground. As he touched down he brought his hands up and stared at them. His hands and arms were shaking, and now that he focused on it he realized his whole body was shaking.

"Your body has gone too long with the QUEESS. It hasn't had time to fully adjust, you need time, eventually, you will be strong enough to level the entire city in a single move. Patience." Said the voice, reassuring him.