Chapter 56: Lord of the Hounds

"I HATE THESE DAMN DOORS!" Bakugo yelled as he fruitlessly sent another blast at the giant doors.

They'd been stuck outside the giant doors that lead into Zeus's stronghold for the past hour. So far none of them had managed to breach it. Not even Mina's acids had been able to do more than strip a small layer off. Whatever he had made the doors out of, they were almost indestructible.

"What's the word on reinforcements?" Kirishima asked from where he was sitting on a piece of rubble looking bored.

"They'll be here any minute, and they should have extra gear and munitions," Momo said.

They started to hear choppers in the distance and everyone looked up.

"Well speak of the devil." Said Kirishima, grinning.

A few moments later, the dozen or so choppers appeared, touching down and unloading about 200 infantrymen. As everyone was disembarking and supplies were being unloaded, a thirteenth helicopter appeared, carrying a massive crate on its undersize. It slowly lowered the crate down about 23 meters away from the large doors, where a clear path had been made between the two.

When the crate had been released, people removed the pins keeping the walls together, and let them slam down onto the ground revealing Momo's railgun. Momo immediately started inspecting the gun for any damage during travel. Satisfied that it was in working order she climbed into the gunner's seat and keyed for power. The massive power bank whirred to life and it glowed. Everyone immediately started clearing out of the way, and after the five-minute start-up sequence was completed, Momo powered on the firing and targeting system.

She didn't bother with automatic targeting, the door wasn't going anywhere. There was an audible thunk as a round was loaded into the chamber and then the hum started up as the rail system started charging.

Momo materialized a pair of soundproof headphones and put them on, but the hum from the rail was so loud she felt herself vibrate. The rail started glowing, brighter and brighter, Momo lowered the light blocking visor and flipped the final switch. There was a crackling noise and a massive explosion from the end as it fired.

Momo felt the entire thing slide backward from the force of the explosion and she thought she might have gotten a bruise across her chest from the straps. Momo raised the visor and looked toward the door, which now had a large hole punched through it. She saw a red light coming from inside the door and then it flashed. A laser shot out from the hole and punched clean through the power bank. Momo hit the strap's release and vaulted over the railgun's barrel, Todoroki encasing the entire thing in ice a moment later. When the bank exploded, the huge slab of ice it was encased in cracked but didn't shatter completely.

Momo saw Bakugo launch himself toward the hole, landing next to it, and started throwing explosions blindly inside. Todoroki ran up next to him, gestured for him to stop, and then sent a massive wave of ice into the room. Once that was done, Kirishima charged in like a madman, covered in the sticky acid armor Mina had made. One by one, heroes followed up behind Kirishima. The entire room was covered in ice, and Momo could see numerous barricades frozen over with several defenders frozen solid. There were a few defenders along the edges that didn't get frozen but they were easily picked off.

They pushed as fast as they could into the room, securing the hallways leading into the entrance, and held them from enemy attack as several people worked to open the large doors. When manual overrides were finally located, the massive doors started to move apart, thus allowing for their full forces to pour into the room.

It also forced them to push down the hallways, Momo and the rest of 1A moved down the central hallways with Ahmya's team taking point. Between the two groups, it was simple enough to push into the end of the hallway and into an antechamber of sorts that had doors labeled to where they lead to respective parts of the facility. As reinforcements came up behind them, a contingent was sent to secure the lower levels where most of the barracks, mess halls, and logistical offices would be located. The second half was to ascend higher in the mountain, where research facilities, training rooms, and officer quarters were located.