Izuku II

Izuku flopped onto his bed, exhausted from having talked with Ochako alone for so long. He hadn't had to deal with other people in any serious manner for a number of years now, and not only had talking to Ochako been nerve-wracking enough as is. It had also been at times uncomfortable, her questions hadn't been her fault of course, but asking him about what kind of quirk he had and his past employment always brought dark and sad thoughts to his mind.

Izuku looked over to his bedside table where two photos had been propped up. One was of his mother, the other was of Naomasa and himself. He reached over and picked up the photo of Naomasa and himself. The decision to pursue criminal justice as a police officer had been the start of everything for him. He couldn't join at 15 years of age of course, but society had changed a lot since the birth of quirks and there were ways of pursuing that kind of career without having to first be 18 years of age. The Master-Apprentice method of teaching had come back into existence after the birth of quirks. With society in chaos, it became very useful to take people under one's wing and train them over many years into an excellent successor. This same system even spread to the police system, though it was uncommon at best.

_______________________________________

Izuku had managed to impress Naomasa and factor in the information he knew about All Might, things weren't so simple anymore. Naomasa had taken him as a "junior officer in-training". He attended a local high school to earn take some basic classes, but his curriculum was altered to accommodate training under Naomasa. He attended High School three days a week and worked under Naomasa for the other three. It meant he had to put in considerable time to make sure he didn't fall behind in school, but it was worth every second.

His normal high school days went about as well as he expected but his tutelage under Naomasa more than made up for the lackluster high school experience. During regular high school, he took some criminal justice classes that were slightly above his grade level but he enjoyed them and put in 110% percent. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were the days he worked under Naomasa and he learned more specific information. He worked in the office on Thursdays and this was to acclimate him to the more mundane aspects of police work. Fridays were days that Naomasa trained him on detective skills of all kinds, while Saturdays tended to be more hands-on. Naomasa worked alongside heroes a lot and so got into just as many scraps as they did. Naomasa wanted to ensure that Izuku could defend himself if the time came and so Saturdays were devoted to self-defense, basic melee weapon training, and firearms training.

Izuku enjoyed his detective tutelage and self-defense classes most of all, he felt they were the skills that would help him most in achieving his dream. So, he devoted himself in mind, body, and soul to the tasks. He even took up extracurricular classes at the high school and extra training at gyms and dojos to help further develop his skills. His hand-to-hand skills were top-notch by Naomasa's standards but in exchange, his weapon skills lagged behind. That wasn't to say he was bad, but he just couldn't give the same level of enthusiasm to those as he could other topics.

Izuku sighed, no matter how often he did it, he just couldn't get used to the feeling of a gun. All things considered; most criminals didn't use them nor did the police really. Quirks had caused a resurgence of the melee arts as they were oftentimes more adaptable to quirks than firearms were.

He looked at the Glock G19X G5 in his hands and set it down at the table. Tsukauchi had insisted he familiarize himself with the specific names and intricacies of the most common firearm variants available. The more he knew about the most common firearm types, the more well equipped he would be to deal with them in the future. So here he was learning how to take a standard 9mm pistol apart and put it back together. Naomasa had said, "Until you can take that gun apart and put it back together blindfolded and, in your sleep, we won't progress any further."