Chapter 12: Reunion

Ochako awoke that Friday morning early and the immediate thought that came to mind was that today was the day that she would finally be able to meet the rest of her classmates. Even if they hadn't been part of Class-1A for a few years now, it always felt strange to think of them all collectively as anything other than 1A. So, with spirits higher than they'd been since the wedding, she practically leapt out of her bed and started getting ready.

She wasn't due to arrive until around one o'clock, so she decided to head to the roof and practice on her multi-force gravity application training. She had learned the hard way that trying brute force would only split her head in half, so she tried a different tactic. She took it slow, starting with 2 differing applications she worked her way up until it became impossible to maintain. Then started again at 2 applications, and increasing the amount of force of each application. By the time it was coming up on one o'clock, she was confident she could handle two applications at once on a single object. This meant she could make smoother movements with her controlled objects. She would keep practicing until she could handle up to four at once. She figured at four she could do basically anything she might want. She would also have to work on increasing the propagation distance of her touch. This would let her affect objects at a greater distance and also let her have increased awareness of her surroundings. She couldn't actually feel her affected objects with her 5 senses, it was more like she had a 6th sense that gave her information about the object. Where it was in space and what that object might be touching for instance. It wasn't like she could see through them, but whenever she tried to explain the sensation to others, words failed her. It was the tried and true adage of "how do you explain color to someone who can't see?" Eventually, she just gave up trying.

After heading back inside, showering, changing, and getting ready for the reunion she decided to head out to the Yaoyorozu estate. It took her only a few minutes to reach the Yaoyorozu estate, despite being 12 kilometers away from her apartment if you went by the roads. Flying did have its advantages after all. 

She landed in front of the gates and pressed the intercom. Barely seconds after she pressed it the gates swung open for her. So she started walking down the path towards the mansion, shaking her head at the lavish flower gardens and topiary gardens mixed in with the flowers. The place seemed to become grander by the year. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't a bit envious.

When she got to the front door, she discovered it was already open. So she walked in and looked around for anyone. She didn't see anyone in the foyer so she figured everyone was probably in the back at the pool area. She started to head that way and hoped she didn't get lost on the way there. She had only been in the building twice before the war broke out, and the layout was mostly hazy. Eventually though, after getting turned around once she managed to find herself in the pool area at last.

The place was downright amazing, it was clear a lot of work had been done to get it ready for the reunion. The place was decorated in the colors of U.A. with some ornate streamers stretching between the lampposts positioned along the left and right side of the pool area. At the corners of the house to Ochako's left and right when she walked out the door, two large cherry blossom tree's stood stretching their branches upwards and towards the pool area creating a large shaded area; benches were scattered about the shaded area and under the tree's. The house was actually positioned on a slightly higher elevation than most of the city nearby, so when Ochako walked out of the doors into the pool area she could actually see the wilderness and mountains in the distance which only served to make the estate even more incredible.

Tables were set up in one section that she figured would hold food during the party with a large round table set up in the dead center of the area before the pool where everyone would sit. They weren't exactly a large class anymore so the table size felt a bit cozy, which suited Ochako just fine. As she looked around impressed at the work that had been done, she spotted Momo, Todoroki, Tsuyu, and Bakugo. Ashido and Kirishima she wasn't surprised to see weren't here yet, while they had both just come in after a long trip yesterday they both loved to sleep in when they could get away with it. She imagined they would show up round the same time as the others. She had gotten word last night that the rest had gotten into town yesterday night.