Chapter 49: Operation Hiraishin

"Thank you," Izuku said, looking up from the helmet in his hands.

"You know what you're doing right?" Ahmya asked.

"Yes. I have to do it, just like you." Izuku said, putting the helmet down on the table.

"It's my job, what you'll be doing is blatantly illegal, and we'll both be fucked if ANYONE finds out." She said, running her hand through her hair in agitation.

"I'm sorry," Izuku mumbled, unable to meet her eyes.

"I already said it's fine. I knew you would try and go anyways," she said, waving her hand and dismissing his apology.

Izuku looked down at the helmet again, it was the only thing he had been missing. He had spent almost everything he had made and had been saving to create the tools he would need for this day.

Izuku went to the steel-reinforced wooden crate and started pulling out the armor. The dark metal gleamed in the light as he set the pieces out one by one.

Ahmya let out a low whistle, "Well, well, that's your "anti-Zeus" armor, huh?" she said, impressed.

"I've spent years working on it, everything about it is designed to fight against Zeus," Izuku said.

"That's... a lot of parts..." Ahmya said, trailing off as just stared at the sheer amount of armor.

"It's necessary, the attack against Zeus won't be short. We have to fight our way to him, so I needed to design an outer layer that would serve as all-purpose protection and prevent the actual suit underneath from being compromised. Once I get to Zeus, I can detach the outer armor, and then I'll have greater mobility. I can't rely on the suit completely, Zeus will be too strong and smart for that, I'll have to do my best to dodge. That's what those are for." Izuku said, gesturing to the two large objects that were in a U-shape, and were comprised of a dozen rectangular tubes each.

"And you're actual weapons?" she asked.

"Can't use guns when fighting him, so it'll mostly be melee. It wasn't easy but I had to get my hands on lab-made glass that would be to withstand the forces necessary to fight Zeus. I also made multiple obsidian throwing knives. Between those, I should be able to fight almost anything." Izuku said.

There was a pause as Ahmya examined the armor and weapons.

"I... uh... I'll need your help putting it on," Izuku said sheepishly.

Ahmya put down the piece she was looking at and smiled at Izuku. Despite everything he'd been through, he was still Izuku at his core.

"All right, come here, let's get you suited up," she said with a small laugh, gesturing for him to come to stand by her.

_____________________________________

"Thank you for giving up your position like this," Izuku said, bowing.

"Even without Ahmya asking, I would have agreed. You proved to the squad you were worth the trust and belief Ahmya put in you. Besides, me being sick does make the excuse of an unknown addition to Ahmya's squad more believable." Said Seiya, the dark circles, pale complexion, and mask making it clear he was ill.

"Regardless, here's the paperwork Ahmya." Seiya continued handing Ahmya his papers to excuse his absence from the op.

"Thanks, Seiya, get well soon all right?" Ahmya said.

"Is that an order?" Seiya responded, raising one eyebrow.

"Yes," Ahmya said with a smirk.

"Consider it done," Seiya said, smiling behind his mask before turning and closing the door.