Prologue

The wait wasn't good for anyone, they had been waiting back behind the warehouse for the better part of 3 hours in the dead of night. This was shaping up to be one of the most pivotal moments in the war against the League of Villains. It had taken them near on four years to get to this point, but at last, they had pushed the League back and now they had cornered Shigaraki and the last of his forces. They had made a seemingly normal rural town their headquarters, but in reality, the entire town was comprised entirely of League members. The attacks had to proceed carefully, they needed to surround the entire town and launch a simultaneous attack to maximize damage and minimize losses until they drew out Shigaraki and his lieutenants. They were the first to get into position, and now the wait had been making them jumpy.

Todoroki glanced over their squad's leader, one of the six angels. One of the angels was each spearheading one of the key six squads that would be responsible for springing the attack. Their powers, enhanced by the QUEESS, made them the only ones capable of unleashing the sheer destructive force needed to throw the enemy into a complete panic. Not to mention that they were the only ones who could actually fight Shigaraki and have a chance of winning. Without the six, they never would have regained the initiative and reversed the tide of the war. Until they had appeared, the enemy had been making steady unstoppable progress in subjugating Japan and crushing heroes under their boot.

Then he heard a small ping in his ear and he heard a countdown start from 60 in an automated voice. The time had come, he got up and along with the rest of 1A got into position. Their leader walked up to the warehouse wall and lay a hand on the cinderblocks. He imagined he could feel the pulse as their leader's quirk rippled outwards from the touched point. The entire building shuddered and started to vibrate subtly. Then the buildings nearby started to vibrate too until eventually, a hum started to be heard from all the nearby buildings.

Todoroki for his part started coalescing fire in his left palm, focusing all his power into a single point, the light obscured by the warehouse. Bakugo was filling his armor with his sweat and pooling a large majority of it in his gauntlets. Ashido filled her acid guns with the most caustic stuff she could produce. Momo created her combat gear and loaded her newly invented gauss rifle. Kirishima hardened to his maximum, his sheer mass creating an indent in the ground, while Ashido created a thin layer of sticky acid armor over top of him. Tokoyami flew into the sky, virtually invisible to any observer, quirk, and technology. Shinso merely stood in position and affixed his helmet to his combat suit. Jiro was much the same as Shinso, her jacks plugged into his combat suit that been specially crafted for her quirk.

The countdown steadily ticked down, a bead of sweat born of nerves trickled down Todoroki's forehead. Then the countdown hit zero, and all hell broke loose. Their squad leader released their quirk and all the quivering buildings exploded outward, a massive wave of destruction arcing outward and obliterating everything in its path. Buildings were ripped apart by the collision of the other building pieces being flung into them. The swath of destruction giving them a clear field and easy path to advance into the town proper. The squad charged forward, as, at other strategic points, similar massive displays of destruction took place.

A massive explosion of golden light at the other end of the town lit up the night sky for an instant before the massive explosion sent bits of molten earth flying into the sky, only to rain down on the city from above. The very earth itself ripped itself apart as the entire town was subject to a colossal earthquake of unparalleled magnitude. Buildings were pushed aside into large piles as psychic walls created a corridor for another squad. A literal tornado formed at another point and ripped entire buildings from the earth along with any enemies and flung them into the distance. The sixth point didn't have as much as an extravagant display as the others but it was always bizarre to watch as the terrain became malleable and bouncy. Flinging anything wasn't tied down to the ground in random directions, only to be flung again as the objects collided with more of the elastic terrain.