Chapter 10: First Contact

Katsuki Bakugo wasn't happy, first Zeus reemerges with the stupid idea that he'd be able to take this city while Bakugo was around. Secondly, he was told he was forbidden to fight this Hunter vigilante without back-up as if some vigilante was a threat. And finally, he was stuck on a balcony behind a crate hiding while a drug deal went on below.

He wasn't scared or anything, he was just waiting for the real reason he was here to show up. Contrary to what many people thought, Katsuki Bakugo was no fool. He'd not have survived the war if he had been. He always thought through his options before diving in, granted the option he chooses most often was to dive right in, but he didn't do because he was reckless. He was just supremely confident in his abilities and he knew he had the skills to back that up.

Now, however, was one of the rare times where he didn't dive right in. When he'd been told he couldn't go after the Hunter because of the danger, he had begged to differ. This upstart wannabe wasn't a problem, he was just using scare tactics and guerilla warfare to take down criminals who didn't know how to deal with that.

So, he was lying in wait, waiting for the Hunter to show up and ruin the party for the criminals below. He also had the police lying in wait outside, ready to pour in at his signal. He'd taken some time to go over everything the H.A. and Police had on the Hunter and figured this would be a likely target for him to hit. The police had this raid planned in advance, and it hadn't taken much to convince them to let one of the top heroes take point on the op.

Bakugo sighed, and a vein pulsed in his temple as he started tapping on the railing, he was leaning on while looking down into the warehouse.

"Where the hell Is this guy! I know he's going to show up, so just show up already dammit!" He thought while his anger slowly built. He sat there for another few minutes before reaching into his pocket to activate his signal when he FELT it.

Something had changed, he didn't know what, but something had. Every instinct he had was screaming at him that danger was near. He ratcheted up his focus and tensed ready to spring into action if need be. He got into a low squat, to minimize the area of his body exposed in the event of a ranged attack, and he slowly eased around the side of the crate and looked down onto the warehouse floor proper.

He squatted there for another ten seconds before he finally noticed. The perimeter guards were gone, he hadn't noticed it happening but they had definitely vanished. Likely silently taken down by the vigilante most likely. Then he noticed a shadow move by a stack of crates likely containing drugs, and he knew the Hunter was going to be making his move. He waited and was rewarded when all the light shut off and cries of alarm sounded out among the gangsters.

Then the fighting broke out.

Bakugo quickly hit his signal to tell the police to move in and made his way to the roof. He didn't need to stay and watch as the vigilante cleaned house. He believed the Association report enough to trust that the Hunter could handle some gangsters.

He made his way up a metal ladder with shouts and gunfire echoing up from below. He pushed open the hatch and clambered out the warehouse and locked the hatch behind him, he planned on forcing the Hunter to exit from the stairwell on the opposite side of the roof. He made his way over to the door and jumped up on top of the roof of the stairwell and waited.

He heard the police crashing into the building from all sides and the shouting got even louder. More gunfire could be heard and noise from the stairwell below him as someone ran up the stairs. The pounding of boots on metal stairs faded as the person got closer to the door, and then the door swung open below Bakugo. He pressed a button on his earpiece and a signal was transmitted to the optical lens over his eyes and suddenly the night grew much brighter.