Izuku VIII

Izuku dragged himself to his bed, only barely managing to remove his day clothes before doing so. He flopped onto the bed and just lay face down on it, apart from physical exhaustion, he just felt drained. He'd managed to stay awake long enough to get through the quick preliminary debrief, and the ride back into the city. He'd been awake for more than a day, and only now, after getting into his apartment did all the exhaustion he'd been holding back crash down on him.

Up till now, his confrontation with Bakugo had been weighing heavily on him. He wouldn't be able to avoid Bakugo anymore, he'd been keeping up with the news concerning him for the past few years but that wasn't how he'd expected their "reunion" to go.

Izuku groaned as another fact rolled over him, he'd met Kirishima, which meant now all of 1A, including Ochako, would know he had once been part of the QSU. He'd have to be ready for someone from the class, apart from Bakugo, to come and see him at some point.

Before sleep took him though, he couldn't help but remember the last time he and Bakugo had seen each other before yesterday. The funeral for his mother, the week he'd quit the QSU and left Mufustafu. Then his thoughts naturally gravitated to the day she had died, and with those memories, sleep finally took him.

_______________________________________________________

It'd been about four and half months since the Three Day Liberation War, and Izuku had recovered from his injury. That wasn't to say that the world had been idle during that time.

During those four months, a new conflict had arisen. The League of Villains once thought to be defunct after their leader had been killed by All Might, had returned. Not only that, but they had a small army behind them, numerous sources of funding, and a contingent of bioweapons known as Nomu.

They had started spreading propagandist messages of how society had been decaying, how the Hero Association was corrupt and evil, and the current leadership of Japan was weak and mere lapdogs to the Association. Such messages weren't exactly uncommon up to this point, but there hadn't been any traction behind such messages until now.

The League of Villains, or "The Paranormal Liberation Front" as they were trying to go by, had uncovered and spread evidence to support their claims. The revealing of the Safety Commission as a branch of the H.A. that assassinated heroes, political enemies, and individuals labeled as "threats to the association and heroic society as a whole," had caused riots across not only the country but the entire world and allowed the League to garner a huge following in Japan, and even some global support. Smaller criminal groups had joined up with them as they saw them, and others were feeding them information and money.

To make matters worse, a huge scandal involving Endeavour had also come to light. Because quirks were inheritable, marrying for the sake of breeding new, more powerful quirks had come into focus. This had caused Quirk Eugenics to come about, and while it was illegal in many countries due to the ethical and oftentimes abusive relationships it caused, it had become popular among certain groups. Endeavour had apparently arranged his marriage with eugenics in mind, and while no evidence of coercion had been discovered, it had become clear that the Todoroki household had been regularly abused by Endeavour for well over a decade. His wife had even undergone a mental breakdown from the abuse. She had unintentionally scarred Shoto Todoroki's face with boiling water and had been promptly and silently put into psychiatric care since. However, the worst part about it all was that one of his children had been revealed to be Dabi. This last part had been met with some skepticism at first as Touya Todoroki had been registered as dead for a decade. Up until Endeavour had confirmed the rumors and had flipped everything on its head.

The outcry and riots had only gotten stronger, people had called for Endeavor's head but the government hadn't done anything. This angered people even more and the propaganda that the government were in fact mere lapdogs to the Association had come to be seen as true. Now the League had gone from the equivalent of a small criminal organization to a full-blown domestic terrorist organization in the span of only a few months. They posed an active threat to the government and everyone living in the country. Not to mention the terrorist cells that were rumored to have sprung up in other countries where the H.A.'s hold was strong.