Chapter 11: Arrival

Shoto Todoroki overlooked the streets below him, keeping an eye out for any disturbances while he talked with Momo over the radio.

"Well assuming Zeus is set up somewhere in the city, there are only so many places he could hide. He has significant powers behind him and he would need a place large enough to house them. Most of those places we secured two years ago, so it's more likely he's set up a base in the mountains outside the city." Said Todoroki, tapping the railing in front of him with his fingers.

"You're probably right, Aizawa did say that we never did find all of the league's old bases. Assuming Zeus found one of them, he's probably got space and infrastructure already in place with which to make incursions into the city." Replied Momo.

"We'll need to get someone into our squad who can break down pre-erected defenses. Assuming it's a mountain base, it's already a natural fortress not to mention what sort of defenses the league installed before they pulled out of the region." He murmured thoughtfully.

"We don't need to worry about that." Said Momo.

Todoroki frowned, "Why do you say that?"

"Bakugo." Said Momo simply.

"Not to mention Kirishima will be there too. Between the two of them, I doubt there's a fortress on earth that could keep them out." He said nodding to himself.

"Even if they still couldn't, Ashido could just melt through it given enough time anyway. With Bakugo's squad acting as the vanguard and base breachers, we just need to focus on building our team to focus on combat and capture," replied Momo

"Any ideas on who we should recruit?"

"I was thinking about getting Jirou at the very least, maybe Kaminari if he's recovered enough." Said Momo.

"Jirou won't join if Kaminari can't, they'll probably show up for the reunion but that's about the best we can hope for I think." Said Todoroki.

They fell silent as they both thought about who else they might be able to convince to join them. Though as Todoroki was thinking he noticed a disturbance down a nearby street, people were running out of a building en masse. He held up his monocular and surveyed the area, "I got some kind of disturbance at block 33, checking it out," Then he jumped from his vantage point and jetted down towards the building.

As he got closer, he noticed some masked figures run out and hop into a black sedan and start to pelt down the street. He had to give them credit, they knew what they were doing. As he started pursuing them, two figures popped their heads and arms out of the back windows and leveled pistols at him.

He cursed and made ice armor around himself, slowing him down but stopping any bullets that hit their mark in their tracks. He couldn't risk anything big without hitting civilians or nearby establishments, he would have to get closer and take them down point-blank.

He started to gain as they ducked back into the vehicle when it became obvious bullets were useless. Then he noticed ahead of the vehicle in the middle of the street a figure was standing by itself. He cursed again and let loose a giant spurt of flame and even shot some ice out to his sides to slam into nearby buildings to give himself as much speed as possible. He knew though that it was useless, he'd never make it in time.

"Time for drastic measures then..." He thought and he prepared an ice lance in his right hand to shoot through the vehicle. Then to his shock, the figure started to run at the vehicle head-on. Both he and the villains were so surprised that both of them reacted slowly, Todoroki missed his chance to spear the vehicle, and the driver either didn't care too or forgot to veer out of the way of the individual in time.