序章

"Nee-chan" She cried weakly while hugging the old katana

"Nee-chan" She cried weakly while hugging the old katana. Her violet-blue eyes, brimming with tears, stared at the cold, hardwood floor. The same floor on which she would spend nights sleeping with her older sister. Now it was covered in blood. A small white fox sat beside her and nuzzled its head into her side in an attempt to comfort her. She didn't even know where the fox came from but it was the only thing keeping her from being alone.

All alone in this world now that the only family she had vanished.

"My~ What do we have here" She slowly looked up at the sound of the foreign voice. She saw a young man with spiky white hair through her tear-filled eyes. He had bright sky-blue eyes that peeked out from a pair of dark, circular sunglasses.

"What are you doing here all alone? Don't worry, I won't hurt you" The little girl stared at him warily, contemplating whether to respond to the mysterious man or not. This would be the first time in her life that she spoke to someone other than her older sister.

He squatted down so they were at eye level with each other.

"Where's your family?" He asked. Maybe it was the fear of this man leaving or perhaps it was because of the fox that kept nudging her to act but she answered him.

"Nee-chan is all I have and she disappeared"

"Hmm, that does seem like a big problem." The young man said, stroking his chin in thought.

"How about this? Why don't you come with me? I'll protect you and help you find your sister." He offered his hand for her to take. She stared at his outstretched hand. He was about to turn off his infinity when she reached forwards and took his hand.

His eyes widened in shock, which slowly morphed into pure joy.

She had touched him.

He knew his infinity was still on. He was sure of it. Yet, she had managed to touch his hand.

Smiling, he picked her up. She buried her face in his black straight-lined jacket and wrapped her arms around his neck. One of his hands reached to pat her head.

"Don't worry, you're safe with me."