第13章 - Lilies

ただいま (Tadaima): I'm home

"Okkotsu Yuta has continued to pose a threat to jujutsu society with that cursed spirit attached to him

"Okkotsu Yuta has continued to pose a threat to jujutsu society with that cursed spirit attached to him. A cursed spirit that has been labeled a special grade vengeful cursed spirit - the queen of cursed spirits - and can cause immense destruction. Destruction so great that it could risk millions of lives. So tell me...why is it that you are so friendly - perhaps even friends - with such a being?" The jujutsu executive demanded.

Hiyori stared at the screen hiding the executive from her view with her eyes. Her eyes bore holes through it. She stood in the center, surrounded by the higher-ups, in the dimly lit room.

She had only just gotten back from the Kyoto trip yesterday and they had already decided to call her for a meeting. A meeting is what they called it but it was really more of an interrogation.

An interrogation that Hiyori was not in the mood for.

"Is there a problem with that?" Hiyori asked, her voice cold and monotone. The usual light in her violet-blue eyes was missing. She wore a mask of indifference on her face.

"Is there a problem?! Is there a problem?! Of course, there's a problem! From the looks of it you are coercing with a threat to jujutsu society! To humanity!" Another executive shouted.

"That threat is merely a child. Orimoto Rika is eleven years old. Hostility towards a cursed spirit with the mentality of a child will do more damage than good."

"A child? That thing is by no means a child. It is a monster. From the way you are treating it, it can not be helped but assumed that you are possibly in allegiance with Get-"

"Do not bring him into this. He has nothing to do with this matter." Hiyori stated with a threatening undertone, cutting the executive off. None of them missed the way her hand went to the handle of her katana. A silence filled the air with tension thick enough that it could be cut with a knife. One of the executives cleared his throat.

"Moving on, Okkotsu Yuta has shown that he can not fully control Orimoto Rika. Orimoto partially manifested multiple times during the event and sent multiple Kyoto students to the infirmary with serious injuries." The executive said.

"So did Hakari Kinji and I. We also sent multiple Kyoto students to the infirmary with serious injuries. Was the point of the events not for the students to fight each other?" Hiyori asked with a raised eyebrow.

"That is not the point. We left Okkotsu with Gojo Satoru and, by extension, you precisely to prevent something like this from happening. Do not forget that Okkotsu Yuta's execution has only been postponed. We can remove that postponement at any time."

"I'm sure my father has already made it clear whose side he will be on if you do so."

"That doesn't-"

"You all seem to have forgotten who I am. There is a reason why I bore my title as one of the only five special-grade sorcerers. Let it not be lost on you my other title, which I'm sure you are all well aware of" Hiyori said. Her violet-blue eyes glowed dangerously.