第11.5章 - Pancakes

"Ara! It's that dessert shop that Toge sent you a while ago, Hiyori" Hiyori turned in the direction that Tsuki was pointing her paw in

"Ara! It's that dessert shop that Toge sent you a while ago, Hiyori" Hiyori turned in the direction that Tsuki was pointing her paw in. Her eyes lit up in recognition at the exterior of the establishment.

"Oh, it is. The one with the famous souffle pancakes" She said. Yuta turned to look in the direction the two were looking at to see a quaint café. It didn't look that different from all the other cafés in the area except for the large poster of a souffle pancake that was taped on one of the large glass windows.

"Want to go?" Yuta asked, turning to look at Hiyori. She fiddled with her necklace.

"Well, we don't have to get back to the Kyoto school, to prepare for day two of the exchange event, for another two hours..." Hiyori hummed.

"Let's go! We can take some photos to send to Toge as well" Tsuki snickered, already imagining the platinum blonde's peeved expression when he found out that they had gone to get the souffle pancakes he had been raving about.

"Okay, let's go!"

Yuta stared at the menu that the waiter had handed him and Hiyori

Yuta stared at the menu that the waiter had handed him and Hiyori. His dark blue eyes examined the various menu options. He settled on a tiramisu and a cup of coffee. Tsuki was curled up on the side of the table while the two teenagers looked through the menu.

"Rika-chan, what should I order?" Hiyori asked. Yuta looked up from his menu with widened blue eyes.

'Did she just-' He felt Rika partially manifest from behind him. Yuta gaped at the sight of Hiyori turning her menu so Rika could have a look as well.

"They all look great. I'm not sure which one I should choose" Hiyori hummed, pointing at the pictures of different souffle pancakes. Rika seemed to think about it for a moment.

"Straaaaaawberrrryyyyyy...."Rika responded, pointing a clawed finger at the picture of a souffle pancake topped with strawberries, blueberries, powdered sugar, and whipped cream. A soft tapping sound was made from the cursed spirit's long fingernail coming in contact with the menu.

"Oh, that looks tasty! Nice choice, Rika-chan! I think Toge mentioned this was the menu item they're known for when he was telling me about this place" Hiyori said.