第28章 - Life Goes On

A/N: Some of the following content was requested by various readers and I didn't want to create a separate special chapter so I just added it in here. For some reason, now that I reread this, it feels like I'm just torturing poor Yuta. I hope those who requested this enjoy!

"Yuta! Yuta!" Hiyori called his name in that soft, saccharine voice of hers that made him weak in the knees

"Yuta! Yuta!" Hiyori called his name in that soft, saccharine voice of hers that made him weak in the knees. She stood in front of him in a white summer dress that made her look utterly ethereal. Yuta almost mistook her for an actual goddess. Her violet-blue eyes, which captured the ever-changing night sky within them, sparkled like the stars. Her lips were curved up in a bright smile that made him all warm inside.

She took a few steps forwards and wrapped her arms around his neck to pull his face towards hers until their noses were almost touching.

"H-Huh? Hiyori? W-What are you doing?" He asked, face heating up from being so close to her. He could see all the specks of blue and violet in her pretty eyes. If he leaned in then they would kiss.

"I need to tell you something" She murmured softly. Yuta gulped. He could barely concentrate because of how close she was. His head was spinning from feeling her chest pressed against his.

"But you can't tell anyone else okay? It's a secret."  She said seriously. He nodded. Anything for her. She smiled and moved her lips to his ear. Her nose brushed his cheek. Yuta shivered slightly upon feeling her breath against his ear. Her hair tickled his neck and he could smell the fruity shampoo she always used.

"'Yuta"

"I"

"Love"

"Yo—RING!"

RING!!!!!

Yuta's eyes snapped open to see the ceiling of his dorm room. He gasped and sat up on his bed while one hand turned off his alarm. It was a dream. That was all a dream. He slapped his hot cheeks in an attempt to get rid of the bright red blush coating them.

'She almost said it...she almost said I love you' Yuta's face heated up even more upon remembering what she was wearing and how close her face was to his. It all felt so real.

'What am I thinking? What's wrong with me?' He shook his head vigorously in an attempt to get rid of such thoughts about his friend. His FRIEND. He really wished they could be more than friends but he hadn't worked up the courage to even attempt to change that yet.

"Save me a seat at the wedding, alright?"

Yuta sighed. Rika had requested he save her a seat at his wedding with Hiyori but he couldn't even confess his feelings to his possible future bride much less propose. The thought of marrying Hiyori made him all warm and gooey inside but he couldn't even take the first step so how was he gonna ask her to marry him if they weren't even dating yet? Every time he tried to psych himself up to confess, he backed out last minute out of fear of rejection.