第43.5章 - First Date

Disclaimer Warning: couple activities ( single people beware!), a lot of cheesiness, romance, and a slightly racy scene caused by teenage hormones (nothing R18!) because Yuta and Hiyori are still healthy teenagers (sometimes I forget they are because of all the torture and trauma I put them through regularly) but please feel free to skip it (it's in a flashback so look out for a large chunk of italicized text)

A/N: Little bit of happiness because whatever happened in Africa is not going to stay in Africa and Shibuya is fast approaching :)

"A-A date?" Yuta stuttered out, looking at his friends with wide cerulean eyes. His cheeks grew hot and his mouth grew dryer the more he thought about it. The other first-years gawked in disbelief. Maki slowly set down the can of soda she was drinking and raised an eyebrow.

"Don't tell me you guys haven't been on one yet" Maki said, causing Yuta to smile sheepishly while tugging at the collar of his uniform jacket.

"Uh...well..."

"Takana" (Translation: I can't believe this...)

"You haven't taken Hiyori out on a date since you two got together?!" Panda shouted, completely flabbergasted by his friend. Panda placed his paws on Yuta's shoulders and shook him violently. "Yuta, are you crazy?! It's been ages since you two started officially dating! WHAT HAVE YOU TWO BEEN DOING THIS ENTIRE TIME?!"

"Okkotsu Yuta, I don't know if you're stupid or what." Maki deadpanned, shaking her head before taking a long swig of her soda like she was a middle-aged salaryman drinking a cold beer after a long work day. She sighed loudly and reached to pick up Yuta's phone, much to the raven-haired boy's confusion and fear.

"Maki-san, what are you doing with my pho-" Maki turned on the smartphone and held back the urge to laugh over the very predictable wallpaper that Yuta had for his lock screen. It was a photo of all of the first years smiling together. Hiyori and Yuta stood together in the center with cheeks squished against each other's. Maki made quick work entering the equally predictable passcode that Yuta set for his phone. The phone unlocked with a soft click sound.

"H-Huh? How did you know my password." Yuta gasped in surprise after Panda finally let go of his shoulder. Maki stared at Yuta with an "are you serious?" expression.

"It's pretty obvious. It's literally just Hiyori's birthday." Yuta blushed, caught red-handed.  Maki turned back down to his phone. Her eyes glossed over Yuta's home screen which was a photo of Hiyori fast asleep with her cheek squished against a pillow and the most serene expression on her face. 'Leave it to Yuta to be a creep...I bet he unlocks his phone just to look at this photo sometimes'

"Since you're not gonna give us a straight answer..." Maki mumbled, clicking the small phone icon to call her best friend. Hiyori's contact photo was her smiling at the camera while making a heart with her hand. Maki was starting to wonder how many photos Yuta had of Hiyori.