第11章 - 29th Kyoto Exchange Event III

A/N: Song links are in the comments in case you want to listen along while reading the jujutsu scroll.

"They're going to target Yuta" Hiyori's words cut through the silence in the room

"They're going to target Yuta" Hiyori's words cut through the silence in the room. Hakari, Kirara, and Yuta all turned to look at the white-haired girl who was leaning against a wooden table. They were all staying here and waiting for the team event to begin.

"T-Target me...?" Yuta said in surprise.

'Are they allowed to do that? I thought the point of this event was to exorcise curses?!'

"Get rid of the threat and make it look like an accident. That's Principal Gakuganji's usual approach in situations like this. He'll have the Kyoto students participating in the event try to kill Yuta. " Hiyori explained, staring at the wooden floor. Yuta had never seen her this serious before. She still spoke in a level-headed tone but the usual, almost laid-back, mirth was gone.

"That seems like a pretty faulty plan especially if Rika goes on a rampage in defense of Yuta" Tsuki said. Hiyori shook her head.

"That's exactly what the old man expects to happen. If Rika-chan does completely manifest and go on a rampage then it'll serve as the evidence the execs need to remove the postponement of Yuta's execution." Hiyori replied, her eyes never leaving the ground.

Yuta's dark blue eyes widened. 'The postponement of my execution....? I thought it was canceled....'

"Principal Gakuganji knows that I will be on the field with my RCT therefore ensuring everyone's safety so he'll have no qualms about going through with his plan"  Hiyori looked up at her two senpais. The usual relaxed light in her eyes was missing and replaced with uttermost seriousness.

"Kinji-senpai, Kirara-senpai, I won't request either of you to defend Yuta or help us due to the definite backlash you'll receive from the higher-ups if you do. You are free to do what you want" Yuta also turned to look at the two upperclassmen. He felt bad that Hiyori was going to go through so much trouble because of him and his curse. Hakari smirked.

"Man, you sure know how to get people riled up, Tsukuyo. I haven't been itching for a fight this bad since I caught some bastard harassing my ex-girlfriend" Hiyori and Yuta's eyes widened. So their upperclassmen were on their side after all.

"Don't talk about your ex-girlfriend" Kirara mumbled before turning to look at Hiyori and Yuta. "The people participating from Kyoto are Kamo, Todo, Nishimiya, and Muta. Kamo's the guy in the shozoku, Muta's the robot known as Mechamaru, and Nishimiya's the one with the broom that she flies on. Kin and I can deal with Muta and Kamo on our own."

"Flies on?" Yuta asked.

'Like a witch?'

"She most likely uses a tool manipulation cursed technique to control her broom at will" Hiyori explained. Yuta made a mental note to add that to the list of cursed techniques he had been introduced to.