第3章 - First Day

A/N: Satoru is Gojo by the way in case anyone wasn't entirely sure.

Maki's lips curved up in a small smile at the message she had just received from her best friend

Maki's lips curved up in a small smile at the message she had just received from her best friend. She put her phone back in her pocket and turned to her classmates.

"Floor 46 of the dungeon has been cleared" She announced proudly. Of course it was cleared. If there was one thing Tsukuyo Hiyori was good at, it was getting the job done. Ask anyone, especially Maki who wouldn't hesitate to attest to the claim or Satoru who wouldn't hesitate to talk someone's ear off about how great his daughter was.

"Floor 46? That means she's going to come back today, doesn't it?" Panda asked.

Maki nodded. "Probably"

"Takana" Toge said.

"That's right, usually Hiyori takes less time with these things but I guess she's taking longer because Megumi is with her" Panda nodded his head in agreement. Maki leaned back in her chair.

"She better come back soon" Maki huffed. There was always something off about their class whenever Hiyori was gone. It felt quieter even though it really wasn't.

"Oh~ Is someone Hiyori-deprived?" Panda teased, earning a whack on his head from Maki.

"Ah, speaking of which, did you hear about the new transfer student coming today? Apparently he crammed four of his classmates into a locker." Panda asked, rubbing the sizable lump that was now forming atop his head from Maki's hit. Maki and Toge turned to Panda with raised eyebrows.

"He killed them?" Maki asked only for Panda to shake his head in response.

"Nope but they did suffer severe injuries."

Maki hmphed. She wasn't going to tolerate some cocky new transfer student with violent tendencies and there was no way she was going to let someone like that near Hiyori. Ever since meeting the white-haired girl on their first day of class, Maki had, for better lack of words, become her personal bodyguard. At the time, Panda had alluded that the friendship was basically an "I've only just met Hiyori but if anyone hurts her then I'll kill them" case that only earned him another whack on the head from Maki while Hiyori had just laughed good-naturedly.

"Well if he gets cocky, I'll rough him up a bit" She decided.

"Okaka" Toge shook his head, displeased with the idea of Maki beating some kid up.

"I don't know about that one, Maki. Hiyori will be upset if you rough him too much. Word is, she's part of the reason why he ended up here." Panda said earning surprised looks from both Toge and Maki. Panda always had the most gossip because he was the Principal's son but this had to take the cake for crazy news.

"Wha-" Maki began but was interrupted by the classroom door opening. An overly excited Satoru skipped into the room. He stopped in front of the class and raised his hands excitedly.