第34.5章 - Everyone's A Little Crazy

A/N: This takes place back when Hiyori and the others are still first-years (shortly after the events of the Night Parade but before the confession).

"We're going on a field trip?" Yuta asked in confusion while playing with his bracelet

"We're going on a field trip?" Yuta asked in confusion while playing with his bracelet. Satoru nodded his head excitedly. The first-years narrowed their eyes at their teacher except for Hiyori who continued to sip the strawberry milk she got from Principal Yaga earlier when he stopped by the classroom. There was something just not right about how excited Satoru was...like there was a catch to all of this. There was no way this was a simple field trip.

"That's right! For today's afternoon practical jujutsu class, we're going on a trip to an abandoned snack factory!" Satoru cheered.

Yep, there was the catch.

The white-haired man's enthusiastic announcement was greeted by silence. It was so silent that Yuta could hear the crickets outside loudly chirping. "Lame" Tsuki said, shaking her head in disappointment. She wanted to go on an actual trip to somewhere nice and sunny so she could nap all day under the sun, not to some janky old factory. Yuta sweat-dropped at Hiyori's familiar's blunt response. Satoru pouted.

"I spent all day yesterday scouting this place out for all of you! I even did stuff like eating the rivaling snack brand's food in the factory and played loud advertisements from other snack brands in there too just to lure all the strong curses. What do you mean lame?!" Satoru whined.

"It's not that bad. Maybe we'll come across a mysterious crime scene" Hiyori offered cheerily, wondering if they would come across a mysterious dead body at the abandoned factory like in one of those mystery novels she always read. Satoru smiled, happy that at least someone was looking forward to the trip he planned.

"So we just have to exorcise the curses in there?" Maki asked, picking up her weapon bag. She grabbed Hiyori's empty milk box and tossed it into the trashcan. Toge, Tsuki, and Hiyori clapped when it landed effortlessly into the rubbish bin. Satoru shook his head and wagged his finger.

"Wrong!"

"Today's field trip is just a demonstration. You're all going to be watching except for Hiyori-chan. She'll be the one doing the exorcising!" Satoru explained giddily.

"Eh?"