第7章 : Malfunction

oji = uncle in japanese

Nanami sighed, staring at the door to the Gojo residence before ringing the doorbell

Nanami sighed, staring at the door to the Gojo residence before ringing the doorbell. He was a jujutsu sorcerer, not a nanny. Why was he doing an errand for an overgrown man child?

The large double doors swung open and Nanami was greeted by a certain white-haired man. Satoru's face lit up at the sight of the blonde. Nanami still wasn't sure why his senpai decided to move out of the school dormitories and back home.

"Nanami! Come in, come in" The white-haired young man gestured for the blonde to come into the home before shutting the door behind him.

"Toru! Toru!" A little girl's voice excitedly called causing Nanami to turn in the direction of the voice. His eyes widened in surprise at the sight of a little girl in a yukata running up to Satoru. She had a small, white fox, that was slightly bigger than Nanami's hand and partially hidden by her long white hair, sitting on her shoulder. Her tiny hands clutched a piece of paper.

"Hiyori-chan!" Satoru said, picking the girl up.

"What's this?" He asked, taking the paper the girl held out to him with one hand while carrying her with the other. Nanami watched her whisper something into Satoru's ear.

"Ahhhh....of course. I'll get right to it." Satoru hummed. Hiyori giggled. Satoru turned back to Nanami.

"Hiyori-chan, this is Nanami. He's my kouhai at the school" Hiyori turned to Nanami with curious violet-blue eyes. She waved at him.

"Hi, my name is Tsukuyo Hiyori. Nice to meet you, Nanami-san" The girl offered her small hand for the man to shake.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Nanami Kento." Nanami said in greeting, shaking the girl's hand. Her hand was tiny compared to his to the point where he could hold her entire hand with only his pointer finger and thumb

"He has the book you wanted" Satoru explained to the girl. The realization hit Nanami as to why Satoru had asked him to find a book of all things for him. The blonde reached into the inner pocket of his uniform jacket and pulled out a faded, worn-out, dark blue book that was definitely older than he was.  He had to travel all the way to a mountain in Hokkaido in order to retrieve it. He thought about his other uniform set that he had to rush to clean after getting back because of the soot that covered the entirety of it. Hiyori's eyes lit up in excitement at the sight of it.

"Thank you!" She said giddily as she took the book from Nanami. She flashed Nanami a dazzling smile. The man's blue eyes widened at the sight of her smile. She was too precious. He made an oath.

He would lay down his life for this child if he needed to.

"...No problem" He responded after a soft cough. Satoru smirked, knowing that his daughter already had the blond sorcerer around her finger. He couldn't fault his kouhai. After all, Hiyori's dazzling smile and twinkling violet-blue eyes were a deadly combination that could have anyone, even the strongest jujutsu sorcerer in the world, in the palm of her hand.