第38章 - The Other Uncle

A/N: Just realized that mobile users can't see the photos I add as chapter headers (the image above the title of the chapter). I was unaware it was only a Wattpad website feature. There are a lot of hints for upcoming arcs that I've scattered through some of the images I use for chapter headers...whoops.

"You want me to what?" Nanami said, staring at the white-haired man in front of him

"You want me to what?" Nanami said, staring at the white-haired man in front of him. He had an irritating smile on his face that, even after all these years, Nanami still didn't like. It was always a sign that Gojo Satoru was up to something and when Gojo Satoru was up to something, it was usually no good.

Sometimes Satoru's decisions were good like adopting Hiyori who Nanami cherished to bits and would do anything for. She was so sweet that sometimes Nanami wondered if he could become diabetic just by being around her so much. Her smile was enough for him to feel that maybe the world wasn't so shitty after all.

Nanami sighed, staring up at the grey, sunless sky that made him wish he could just crawl back into the comforts of his bed. Yet another shitty day of his shitty life working at that shitty company to make a shitty salary to make ends meet in this shitty world.

"Nanami-oji!" Nanami's posture straightened and he turned around to see it, a ray of sunshine that made the grey, murky world a little bit easier to deal with. She waved her hand in greeting and took a couple steps, so fleeting and quick that it almost looked like she was about to take off to the skies in flight, towards him. He met her halfway, eyes briefly glancing down at the bag in her hand that resemble a lunch bag.

"Hello Hiyori, what are you doing here?" Nanami asked. It was a weekday morning and usually those were reserved for her learning with some of the active sorcerers who served as teachers at Jujutsu Tech. To be entirely fair, most of the time Hiyori just taught herself and made the sorcerers answer any questions she had. "Don't you have lessons?"

"I finished all the work they assigned and came to see you before work" Hiyori explained cheerily. Nanami should've expected that. He didn't know why he didn't. Hiyori was a good kid who would never even consider the idea of playing hooky, unlike her adoptive father who was an absolute menace to society.

Hiyori smiled and held up the lunch bag in her hand. "Thought I'd bring you a bento so you don't have to eat store-bought food all the time. There's some extra garlic bread that you can heat up when you get home." She added. The corner of Nanami's lips curved up in a smile. He raised a hand up and patted Hiyori's head.

"But how did you get here?" He asked. His workplace was quite far from the school so...

"NANAMIN~"

'Of course...I should've known.' Nanami didn't know why he didn't think that Satoru would be the one who would bring With quick precision, Nanami side-stepped Satoru's attempt at hugging him. He was getting better at this after so many years of trying to avoid the white-haired man's attempts at hugs. Nanami welcomed hugs from Hiyori but Satoru was a different story. He'd much prefer if the strongest sorcerer in the world stayed at least three feet away from him at all times.