Prologue

“What if supernatural creatures really exist and they're living with us? What if they disguised as a human?”

That's the very first question Herasyne asked about everytime she close her eyes in the evening and the first thing she thinks about everytime she open her eyes in the morning.

Her what-ifs never left her alone, she's carrying them everywhere she lay her feet on, her thought about the supernatural creatures increased day after day and her urge to witness a supernatural being showing its powers or whatever it is increased after she read an article saying that it is possible for supernatural being to exist.

“I wish I could meet an angel or a fairy,” She mumbled to herself after she woke up from her deep slumber, “I wanna wish something.” She stretched her whole body after she spoke again.

She heaved a sigh and tried hard to pull herself away from her senescent and small bed, it even creaked when she got up. “Hold on, little bed. I don't have money to buy another one,” She uttered to her bed and patted it softly.

Call her wierd or insane but it's her natural self, talking to a non-living things and animals, she even prefer to talk to them than making friends, and besides , no one's gonna accept her as their friend.

People in her town are very picky and hard to please when it comes in making friends, they want to have a rich friends that can buy them luxurious food and can bring them to an amusement park that only rich people could afford.

She's poor enough to not be accepted by her neighbour's teen daughters and sons as their friends.

She cannot buy them luxurious food nor bring them to an amusement park so she stopped making friends and lived a life with her own. She's not going to die if she doesn't have friends though.

That's one of the toxic attitude that society has. No one wants to talk nor befriend with you if you don't have enough money to make their eyes shine in happiness.

She walked towards her wooden window and opened it, letting the cold breeze of morning caress her skin with the hot rays of the sun.

She roamed her eyes around their backyard as she sat on the wooden chair beside the window, she put her arm upon the half-putrid windowsill and stared at the little kids searching for water bottles and cans within the garbage area with a bare foot and a thin, senescent, dirty clothes.

She looked away, she can see her childhood days with the kids.

She was five years old when she started to go out to find some empty cans and bottles just to sell them to the junk shop's owner and get money.

When she was a kid, she would rather to go out to find money just to help her parents instead of playing with the rich kids in the rich area of their town nearby.

She was fourteen years old when she found out about the cruel society and government.

She learned that poor people have less opportunity in life.

She found out that money means everything to people nowadays. Rich people's definition of happiness is money, their own definition of life is money, they cannot live without money in their pockets.

But poor people's own definition of money is cruel. It is so fvcking cruel to the point that they loathe it but need to find it nonetheless—they have to find it just to live more longer.

Poor people have only two choices, go out and find money or loathe it then die because of starvation.

Society's unfair, indeed.

It is so unfair, why do rich people have more opportunities than poor ones? Why does society not want to give us more opportunities? Is it because we don't have enough money to pay for the opportunity we want?

That's the question running inside her mind everyday everytime she witness how kids cry because of hunger, how they sleep in the dirty and dangerous sidewalks.

She was fourteen when she witnessed how unfair the politicians are.

Some politicians or should I say—most of them only know the word corruption.

Those politicians are never kicked out of their positions because of the support they gain from the rich and greedy people like them.

It is so really funny to think that they are just fooling each other. Politicians need the support of rich people to not be kicked out of their positions because of their corruptions and rich people doing illegal things need the politician's support to not be arrested and get caught by the law.

Huh! What greedy people. Hungry for money and power.

She was fourteen when she realised that money can do anything.

It can buy the strongest person. It can make a person lie. It can buy justice. It can make someone happy. It can do anything. Yes, but only for rich people.

How about poor people like me? Herasyne thought as she closed her eyes, letting the sun rays along with the cold morning breeze caress her face.

We cannot buy what we want because we have to save money to buy the things we need everyday.

Some poor people like her didn't even get the justice they deserves. Some are behind the bars, paying for the sin they never commit.

Some rich people took advantage of the poor ones. Poor people have to lie for rich people just to get a little money from them so that they can buy their needs for a day.

Where's the justice now? Where's the fairness?

These. All of these are the reason why Herasyne wants to see a supernatural creature. These are the reasons why she wants to meet an angel or a fairy or a mermaid or a genie.

She wants to wish to them. She madly wants to wish to make her and her family rich. She wants to get out from the depth and abysses of the poorness.

She wants to pull her family out of the vastness of this fvcking poorness.

And trust me, she will do anything for her family, she could even kill if it's needed. But she wish she have the audacity to kill those greedy politicians.

“What a unfair society that has a greedy politicians, indeed.”

To be continued....
[Don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you for reading! Sorry for the mistakes!]