Chapter 30: Let go

HERASYNE

"I told you I didn't see their faces! Damn! Stop bothering me!" I stomped and almost threw his precious book at his fvcking face. I put it down on its shelf rather harshly, making him grumble lowly.

I ignored him and picked the other book, I wiped the visible small specks of dusts with the senescent handkerchief and put it down again, then picked the other one.

"Are you sure?" I halted and groaned loudly. I turned around aggressively and pointed a finger right at his face as I glared at him, "I told you I didn't see their faces and I am fvcking sure!" He gritted his teeth and looked away as I lowered my hand but I didn't stop glaring at him.

It's been three days since that incident and he kept asking me who the culprits was and if I saw their face, he even told me to describe them but I couldn't because it was too dark and the only thing I could say is that one of the man, the one who choked me has red eyes, and of course I got scolded for telling him about that useless information, he said every vampire has red orbs so we cannot find the culprit through searching for that red eyes. Of course, my mistake, sorry. Tsk..

It's been three days and I am okay now, the wound in my shoulder is already healed, and thank you to Lady Fiona who put some magic on the wound and she also gave me a healing potion.

It's also been three days since I received my first salary but I didn't live my life peacefully because this annoying nosy cold prince kept asking me about that night---I mean morning and kept bothering me.

And why is he doing this? It's because (he said) his parents were worried about me and they told him to find out and catch the man who hurt me. And yes, he is doing this not because he want it but because he was forced to do it.

Based on his face right now, and within these past three days, he is super-duper annoyed and really want to find the culprits as soon as possible and get rid of me because, I think, he already missed his fiancee because he stopped spending time with her since the day they found me unconscious in the garden.

Oh, I wish I know the culprits' face so that we can immediately know and catch them. Problem solved. He can finally spent time with him fiancee again. Damn! It feels like I am ruining their relationship. Am I already a fvcking antagonist of their love story?

I heaved a sigh and was about to turn around and walk away but he suddenly wrapped his long slender fingers around my wrist and pulled me closer to him, "Wait...what was the exact time they attacked you?" I blinked twice and stared at his emotionless face while recalling the time, "Oh, well, I think three in the morning?"

He suddenly gritted his teeth and let go of me as I threw a puzzled look at him. He turned around and was about to walk away but I pulled him back with a tremendous amount of force when I remembered something, "Can we...go to Khasandria and Arki again? I want to spend some time with them." And I also want a serene ambience which I would only find in their place.

He narrowed his eyes and gave me a puzzled but still cold look, then he slowly raised his right eyebrow, "Why? Why now?" I bit my lower lip and looked at his neck because I couldn't look at his curious cold red orbs for a long time. I was about to speak but my heart suddenly throbbed when I saw a...love bite on his collarbone. What the fvck is this feeling again?

I blinked twice because I suddenly felt a stung in my eyes and those tears behind my lids wants to slide down on my cheeks but of course I didn't let them. I would look like a psycho if I will cry without any reason.

"I...want to..." I bit my lower lip harshly when my knees trembled and the pain in my freaking heart increased beat after beat. Then I looked away from his neck, "I just want to... talk to Khasandria again. Can we go there? You can go back here and leave me there if you want." My lips trembled and I almost flinched when he held my right cheek and lifted my head up.