Chapter 44: Meet his grandpa

HERASYNE

Have you already experienced crying silently in the middle of the night after you suddenly woke up and cannot go back to sleep because you remembered someone you love the most, who is currently away from you?

Have you already experienced that? Do you know the feeling of crying silently? Crying silently until you cannot breathe anymore?

Well, that's the exact thing I am doing right now.

It's just 2 in the morning but I suddenly woke up a few minutes ago and sleep again so now I am currently sitting beside the glass window of the prince's room, covered with his blanket that really smells like him, and crying silently after that nightmare about him.

He was almost get killed in that nightmare, he was hurt. An anonymous vampire stabbed him in his stomach with a dagger, and was about to stab the prince right in his heart but thankfully I woke up and the prince didn't get killed. Thank you very much with a huge amount of sarcasm.

And speaking of the prince, he left again. Yuri said that he left yesterday with the King to visit his grandpa, who never saw him, yep, you read it right, the prince's grandpa never saw him and I don't know why, Yuri also told me that she knows nothing about it, the Queen just told her about that information.

And yes, you also read it right, he left yesterday, he left me alone in my birthday and he didn't even say goodbye to me or anything, he just left me. Thankfully I didn't attend the birthday party, he wasn't there to accompany me.

And the most painful part is---he didn't even take his ring with him! He just left without wearing the ring! T-The ring that symbolizes our  betrothal. He took it off and didn't wear it again.

I sobbed and looked at his ring that was placed upon my right palm. I bit my lip and clutched it over my chest. I sneezed after another sob. I groaned lowly, silently shooing my fever and cold away.

I sniffed and looked outside. The always sullen sky became more leaden albeit it was starry, and the crescent moon was shining with the twinkling stars, too. Yet the whole atmosphere is still dull and monochromatic.

I heaved a deep sigh and satisfied my eyes with the beauty of darkness. But the serene and dark yet comforting atmosphere around me was immediately cut with the sudden light that spread across the whole realm and muffled voices can be heard from outside.

I narrowed my eyes and slowly stood up despite my somewhat aching head and body. I leaned closer to the glass window to look down at the front yard, I narrowed my eyes more when I saw the Queen fidgeting nervously in the middle of the porch with a row of maids behind her and a row of royal bodyguards at her either sides.

Then the heavy and and noisy steps of running horses roared throughout the place. I threw a questioning look at the gate of the castle that is being opened by two guards, and after a second of silence, a royal golden carriage suddenly came into the view and rushed towards the entrance, where the Queen was standing along with the guards and maids.

I blinked repeatedly when the carriage halted right in front of the Queen and a tall man wearing a black trousers, black waistcoat, black tailcoat, and black shining shoes with pale skin and fangs came out, he's definitely the prince's grandpa, then the King came out, too, who's wearing his usual heavy royal outfit.

I watched the tall man while he was taking long strides towards the Queen. His aura is so intimidating and cold, just like the prince.

The Queen greeted the old man as I kept waiting. Waiting for a certain man to come out of the carriage. I waited for the whole fvcking minute but my heart almost plummeted into the ground when the coachman drove the carriage away. What the fvck? Where is he?