Chapter 64: How can I start again?

HERASYNE

"Hera, please, you have to eat. It's been a week since you had a proper meal. You should eat, or else it'll affect your baby."

I blinked and looked up at my twin sister who, I just noticed, is standing beside me with her worried eyes.

"Arki is affected too. Look, he's not eating well because he's also worried about you."

She put a hand on my shoulder and gave me a sad smile, "I know it hurts so much but take care of yourself. For the sake of the baby. Archi's baby."

Tears escaped from my eyes after she mentioned the nerdy's name.

"I want him to take care of me! I-I want him back." I sobbed and held tightly the fork in my hand, I looked at it and stabbed the chicken leg on my plate, "He should take care of me and his baby! He has to come b-back!"

Tears escaped from my eyes more after I uttered those words because I know he will never come back. Never. He's gone. Dead.

"Hera, you should accept the fact and be happy again---"

"How can I fvcking be happy again when he's gone? I am happy with him! Where is he? Gone! Happiness is gone too, Aaron!" I growled threateningly and stabbed the chicken flesh on my plate again.

I heard a low squeal from someone but I ignored it and glared at my plate as I kept stabbing the chicken.

"I-I hate him. Why did he leave?!" I gritted my teeth and was about to stab the meat again but someone put a hand upon my arm, which startled me and caused me to point the fork at him.

"M-Mommy...." Trembling Arki welcomed me.

I shivered and looked at the tips of the fork that are so close to his right shoulder, my eyes widened and immediately let the fork go.

"A-Arki, I'm s-sorry, I-I didn't----"

I halted when he climbed upon my lap and hugged me tight, and his cold arms around my neck made me remember about the nerdy again. Yah! How can I get over this fvcking devastation and forlornness if there's this lil vampire who will always make me remember about that nerdy? His name and his cold aura.

"Mommy, don't be sad. You know what, let's just play!" He pulled away from the hug and clapped his hands, smiling at me widely, which caused me to smile too.

"C'mon! Let's go! There's young wolves in the yard! Some are in their werewolf forms! Let's play with them!"

He jumped off and pulled me out of the kitchen as I heaved a sigh and let him pull me to the front yard.

We're in the pack, the queen and king, Ashton and his mother and Catherine are here because Laius and the other royal bodyguards are still cleaning the castle and I don't know how did they removed the lethal poision in the air.

The Queen asked me an hour ago if I'll go there with them but I don't think I can, there's a memory of the nerdy in every part of that castle and I don't know if I can wake up without him, especially his strict commands, his cold face and voice, his intimidating eyes and aura.

A tear was about to escape from my eyes but thankfully Arki spoke before it can fall; "Mommy! Can I play with her?"

I looked at him, and I gaped when I saw faint red tints on his pale cheeks, then I looked to the direction he was pointing at and I narrowed my eyes playfully when I saw him pointing at a lonely omega, I think a year or more older than him.

I looked at him again and his face reddened when he saw my suspicious look, "Do you like her? Why are you blushing?" I narrowed my eyes more and pretended to be disappointed to tease him more.