Chapter 6: Trust

HERASYNE

"Not bad," he commented while roaming his eyes around his clean room that I cleaned for an hour, I snorted boastfully and smirk at him, "I'm a professional cleaner, you know." I wriggled my eyebrows that made him look at me with disgust.

"Proffesional cleaner?" He chuckled degradingly as if a cleaner was the filthiest job in the world, making my blood boil with a tremendous amount of madness.

"So obvious that you came from a family of peasants living in the poorest area of the town, those peasants who have to clean rich people's houses to earn some lucre for their daily needs," he added, belittling me and the other people who has a low social status like me, damn him and his rich filthy mouth! Did he just belittled us?!

My hands clenched with anger, fists are ready to punch him any time, how dare he to say that! A burning hatred for him rose throughout my system, this piece of sh*t!

How dare he!

I am mad at him right now but I want something from him so my angry aura morphed into a smiley face, if I don't need something from him, I am sure, he would be limping with a black eye right at this moment, but he is lucky that I need to find someone who can grant my wish and he is the only way to meet some creature like that.

"Yeah, you're right, we have to work to earn money and you're lucky that you don't have to experience that, you're lucky that you were born with luxury,"  I responded rather angrily and bitterly, but despite of my anger I still smiled at him beatifically.

He tilted his head, mouth agape and eyes looking at me with amusement, "Did you really worked all day just to get some money like the other peasants?" He asked reluctantly.

I chuckled and nodded, "Yeah, I did that. I started to do that when I was five, I guess, and until now I am still working just for money, but woefully, I was caught by the vampires and now working as a slave, working without payment but it's okay." I gave him a small smile, then I stepped towards the wooden double door of his room.

"I'll go out and find Yuri, can I?" I chuckled again and opened the door, I didn't even waited for his answer, I stepped out right away and closed the door behind me with a soft thud.

I was about to step away from the closed door but suddenly, someone opened it forcefully and harshly, making me jump in shock. Then Mr Ashton's furious face suddenly came into the view, I raised my eyebrow, eyes asking him; What now? What do you want? But he kept staring at me as if I was something enigmatic that really caught his whole precious attention.

We stood there with a deafening silence invading us, he kept silent for a few minutes, then finally he decided to speak with his amused voice.

"You really did that? Working from dawn till dusk just to..." He stopped, gulping visibly and eyes looking at me  with surprise, "Get money? You...you were born...." He stopped again as if the word doesn't want to leave his mouth.

I chuckled and crossed my arms over my chest, "Yes, you're right, I was born in the poorest area of our town," I uttered, then I looked at him, mystified by his sudden weird action.

He coughed fakely and looked away, "You know you're my slave now, right?" He suddenly asked with his arrogant voice, "And you need money, I know," he added with a smirk plastered on his lips, voice was filled with insult. Is he insulting me?!

"What are you trying to tell?" I asked coldly, eyes looking at him with my deadliest dagger-like stare, hoping that it'll stab him to death but of course he didn't die, I'll just strangle him to death!