Chapter 59: Adopt

HERASYNE

It was six in the evening when the prince---I mean the King returned, meaning the coronation is done. Woefully, I couldn't attend because of my period.

I just stayed in his room whole day, Yuri was the one who gave my breakfast, lunch and dinner because she's the only one he allowed to go near me. The jerk didn't even let Aaron to talk to me albeit he knows that my sister and he are mates.

"Woah, chill, dude." I chuckled teasingly after I spoke, which caused him to groan and slam the door behind him. He glared at me and suddenly took his crown off and I gaped at him when he threw it towards the mini lounge area of his room.

"Yah! Why did you throw that expensive thing?" I glared at him and averted my gaze to the crown that is already lying upside down on the circular red carpet.

He snorted as I looked at him again. He rolled his eyes and walked towards me and spoke; "It's unbreakable, doggy. If you're worrying that it might be ruined, don't worry because it can't be destroyed."

He sat on his bed, too. One meter away from me. He won't really approach me, will he?

I heaved a sigh and looked at him but he was looking at his messy study table across him and looks like he's in a deep reverie. His eyes were so serious and the atmosphere around him is too intimidating and cold for me to deal with.

I stood up and walked to the black couch of his mini lounge area and picked the expensive crown and put it on the coffee table, then I sat on the couch and laid down.

I closed my eyes and hugged the throw pillow that really smells like him and buried my face onto it. I groaned lowly and hugged my knees when my lower stomach ached again. How to become a man? Grr!

I whimpered faintly and bit my lower lip while trying to ignore the pain in every part of my body. I gripped the pillow I am hugging tightly and groaned loudly.

I was about to throw it away but it was suddenly pulled away from my face. I opened my teary eyes and the nerdy's standing figure came into the view. I blinked and looked up at his emotionless face.

"W-Why are you here? S-Stay away from me, since you kept avoiding me this morning up until n-now." I huffed angrily and hugged my knees more, hoping that the pain would go away if I squeeze my lower stomach, but it didn't work. It never does. Grr.

He threw a cold look at me and squatted beside the couch as I immediately sat up and went to the other couch across the one I was lying upon. I laid on it again and turned to the backrest, declining to talk to him.

I am upset. I really am! From the moment he started avoiding me up until now!

"Doggy, turn around."

I ignored his commanding voice, cold aura and his presence behind me, and closed my eyes instead.

"Turn around or else...."

Tsk! As if I am afraid! No, I'm not afraid of this vampire!

I ignored his threatening voice and shifted into a comfortable position to sleep. Surprisingly, he didn't talk again but I still could feel his cold presence.

And after some minutes of silence, I heard a heavy thing falling onto the ground but I ignored it, too and kept trying to fall into a deep slumber.

And the moment I was about to fall asleep was also the moment something heavy jumped onto the couch. I opened my eyes and furrowed my eyebrows.

I attempted to turn around but before I could do it, a familiar huge black cat with red innocent eyes jumped into the small space between me and the backrest of the couch.