Chapter 48: Meet the Luna

HERASYNE

A small smile made its way to my lips as I snuggled more against the soft pillow I was hugging. I kept my eyes shut because I still want to go back to dreamland.

And I was about to fall into a deep slumber again but someone suddenly spoke beside me with a cold and impassive voice; "Wake up, Anais." Huh? Who's Anais? And who the fvck is the girl who spoke?

I slowly opened my eyes and blinked repeatedly. Then I narrowed my eyes and roamed my eyes around but I found no one. My eyes widened, "Who the fvck is that? Who are you? Are you a ghost?!" My eyes widened more and covered myself with the thick duvet.

There was a brief moment of silence before I heard a low chuckle from a freaking boy. What the?! Who are they? Are they trying to scare me to death?! I closed my eyes tightly and hugged the pillow beside me, still covered with the duvet.

The chuckle halted and silence fell upon me again. I wad about to heave a sigh because I thought the ghosts already left but I squealed loudly when the someone pulled the duvet away from me with a force.

I didn't open my eyes, I sat on the bed with closed eyes instead. I furrowed my eyebrow and raised a finger and pointed at nothingness, "You----whoever are you! Leave me alone!" I hugged the pillow and curled up onto the bed again when I heard a chuckle from the same boy who chuckled a while ago. Who the fvck is that?!

"Open your eyes, Anais." And the cold girl spoke again. Anais? Who's Anais? Eh?

I cleared my throat and spoke; "Uhm, I think you entered the wrong room, lost souls." I bit my lower lip, still declining to open my eyes.

There was a low chuckle from the boy again before he spoke which caused me to open my eyes aggreesively; "Open your eyes, Hera." I blinked repeatedly. And I mentally slapped myself for just realizing that the voices were coming behind me.

I sat on the bed and turned around and my eyes bulged when I saw the guy who spoke. I rubbed my eyes to make sure that I am not dreaming. I even pinched myself and my eyes widened more when I felt pain, meaning I am widely awake, not dreaming.

I stood up and threw myself on the guy who was standing beside the bed where I was sleeping on, he laughed and caught me as I hugged him tight. "Aaron! Why are you here?!" Yes, you read it right, he's Aaron, my bestfriend.

He chuckled again and ruffled my hair as I kept hugging him, I missed this jerk! "I am here because I am living here, Hera." Huh?

I pulled away from the hug and gave him a questioning look, then chuckled sarcastically and punched his chest, "You're living here? In vampires' kingdom? Are you joking?"

He looked at me seriously, then looked at the girl, who I just noticed, sitting on the sofa beside the bed with her head hanging low but when she felt our gazes she looked up and I almost fainted when I saw her face.

"Y-You...." My eyes widened and took a step forward as she stood up with a small smile on her lips, her lips that looks like mine.

I stared at her with amusement, still cannot believe that I am meeting her. The girl whom I look alike. The Luna of the Aquila pack.

I blinked and reluctantly raised my hand. I beamed and poked her soft right cheek, "We really look alike." I giggled and poked her soft cheeks again and surprisingly, she just let me touch her cheek.

We look like each other but you'll define us when you look at our eyes. Just like the princess of Elves said; we both have the same shape of face, nose and lips but we have different eyes, the Luna has hooded eyes and I have larger ones. She has whiter complexion, too and somewhat taller than me.