Chapter 49: Unacceptable

HERASYNE

I thought the dark secret of the vampires is already the worst secret I've ever known but this secret of the werewolves I just found out is way more worser than the vampires' secret.

I thought I already know my whole being. Every part, every inch, every secret, every dark monsters living inside of me. I thought I already know about them all but I was wrong.

There's still something that kept hiding inside of me for my fvcking whole 24 years of existence. I was oblivious about this something I am pertaining to and I thought I would be happy and satisfied when I find out and know every part of me but when I found out that one part of my life, I wish it never came out of its cage and reveal itself.

It is so fvcking hard to accept the truth. Truth hurts, indeed.

But it is more fvcking hard to accept that within this 24 years of existence, I was being lied to by everyone around me. No one even dared to tell me about my real identity. Not even the man who raised me.

"Hera! Open the door, please! We're worried about you!"

I sobbed and pressed my face against the soft mattress beneath me and covered my ears with the pillow I was clutching at, declining to listen to Aaron and the Luna's worried shout behind the locked door.

"S-Stop! L-Leave me alone!" More tears escaped from my eyes as I pressed the pillow against my ears more. "Just leave me alone!" I sniffed and bit my lower lip, trying hard to stop myself from crying but I just couldn't.

Those informations I found out are too hard to accept and it just making me cry more. I cannot accept the truth.

I feel betrayed. Well, I really am. They betrayed me. And those secrets that they revealed just caused me to not trust anyone again.

"Hera! Please! Don't be like this. S-stop crying." The muffled worried voice of the Luna made me cry more. "Please, open the door!" She banged the door but I kept crying and not moving any limb.

I closed my eyes tightly while recalling our solemn conversation an hour ago.

-

"Which information you want to know about first?"

That was a nervous question from Aaron after the three of us sat on the seats around the round table that was placed in the middle of balcony in the fifth floor of their castle, and the sunny and serene surrouding in the front yard made me smile.

The front yard where young pups are playing around and some oldies were sitting upon the benches beneath the trees, watching their grandson and daughters play with each other.

To be honest, this realm is more peaceful and cheerful than the vampires', which is sullen and always dark, but I like that kingdom more than this one. Of course, my fiance is there, that's why I like there more than here.

I heaved a sigh and averted my gaze to Aaron who was patiently waiting for my answer while sitting on his seat nervously.

I sat properly and tapped my fingers upon the table in front of me, creating staccato sounds. I looked to the front yard again and spoke; "I want to know about the two of you." I took a glimpse of his right arm being wrapped around the Luna's waist, then I looked away again.

"Oh, well, uhm, we're in a relationship for almost five years."

I nodded and spoke again; "Who's Anais?" That question was for the Luna, who, I saw in my peripheral vision, suddenly looked at her lover and looked at me again.