Chapter 28: Bow, arrow and why?

HERASYNE

And did you also expect that the prince will disagree to his mother's silly plan, which was so obvious that it is her way to make us close to each other? Well, I expected him to decline her but he fvcking did the opposite! He agreed and accepted it without any hesitation!

And of course, at first I didn't agree, I even complained! Neither twice nor thrice but fvcking ten times but in the end of the day she still forced us to go. She even told the prince to teach me well and take care of me. And the prince only gave her a diminutive answer, which is his cold 'yes, I will.'

So now, we are both watching Laius and the five another royal bodyguards who are fixing and arraging the huge round board----that is marked with circles, line and numbers---in the middle of the front yard and they also put a wooden table that is full of arrows and one bow beside us.

They were still arranging everything so I turned my attention to the nerdy prince who was leaning on the wooden table where the arrows and the bow was arranged neatly, his arms was also crossed over his chest, and he has emotionless face, as usual, but it seems like he is in a deep thought this time. He was just staring at nothingness and he didn't even notice when I stepped closer to him.

Strange. He never spaced out. What happened to this nerd?

I narrowed my eyes and poked his right pale arm but he didn't even take a glimpse of me so I narrowed my eyes more and placed my hand on his shoulder and it looks like I startled him because he suddenly grabbed my right arm and squeezed it tightly as if I was a danger near him.

I winced and groaned loudly as his grip around my arm loosened but he didn't let it go. I looked up and was about to glare at him but my eyes softened when I saw that he's just staring at my arm with his lost expression.

I was about to speak but I halted and almost shivered when he caressed it with his cold thumb, then he slowly raised his head and looked at me with his unidentified and strange look. "Sorry."

I stared at him with mouth agape, then I slowly tilted my head to the side and looked at him from head to toe. Did I heard it right? Did he say sorry? The word that I never expected to come out from his rude mouth? Did he say sorry?

I immediately pulled my arm away from his hold amd looked at him suspiciously. I narrowed my eyes and poked his left cheek with my index finger as he groaned lowly and slapped it away, "Stop it." But I ignored him, I tip toed instead and leaned closer to his face, I looked directly at his eyes as if I could see a freaking answer to my question in there and when I couldn't find anything, I decided to speak; "Who are you, huh? Are you a kind angel who invaded the immoral prince's body?"

I poked his face again with a curious face. He snorted and glared at me, "Stop talking about nonsense things. I already said sorry so be happy, doggy." I sighed in relief after he spoke, oh, I'm glad he isn't possessed by someone.

He slightly pushed my face away from his so I almost lost my balance, thankfully he stopped me from falling by wrapping his arms around my waist, which caused me to push him away right away.

I looked at him with a wide eyes as I put a meter gap between us, he narrowed his eyes and was about to speak but I already did; "Don't touch me like that. You already have a fiancee and you should do that to her." He licked his lower lip and looked away as I heaved a sigh and threw a curious face at him, "Why did you even agree with this? You should spend your whole time with Catherine not with me."

I almost flinched when he looked at me again with his coldest eyes and I think it can freeze me any time. I pressed my lips together as he started to speak with his arctic, deep and commanding voice; "Don't ask me about my desicions. And I will spend time with whomever I want." I bit my lower lip and nodded quietly. Alright, whatever.