Chapter 72: Demystify

HERASYNE

"Mommy? Take care of Dark, okay? Feed him too!" Who's Dark? He's the black cat!

I rolled my eyes and nodded, I squatted in front of him and hugged him, "I'll miss you, baby." I looked at Arki who is currently leaning against the wall beside the main door while holding his and Dash's suitcases and a lollipop in his mouth.

"Take care of your brother, okay?" He nodded cooly as I pulled myself up and walked towards him.

"Be a good boy, stay away from your Uncles, especially Alexis." The jerk snorted from behind but I ignored him and pulled Arki and hugged him.

He hummed and hugged me back, he slightly tip-toed and whispered right in my right ear; "Fix the things between you and him, mommy. I talked to him last night and he explained everything, I hope you'll listen too when he explains and forgive him."

He smiled at me with his rare wide, genuine smile and pulled away from the hug. He turned to the two jerks and his brother, "Let's go."

"Bye, mommy!"

I absentmindedly waved and smiled at them, I couldn't think straight because of what Arki said. I know who the 'he' he was talking about and a mixture of different emotions exploded in my system the moment he said the word 'explain'.

They finally left but I kept staring at the floor, I couldn't move any limbs, and I had to lean against the wall just to maintain my balance and not fall.

I am ready to listen to his explanation but I am not ready what it contains.

What if.....he will just say sorry and....and won't come back to me? Dang! Why would he?! He is already engaged to his first love! They have the same....rings in their fingers! His ring that looks like the one in my finger....it's gone now!

I breathed heavily and was about to fall onto the floor but someone pulled me into a hug, my lips trembled and slowly looked at the creature who suddenly embraced me.

And I finally bursted into tears when I saw Alvin's smiley face. He tightened his hold around my waist as I gripped his shirt tightly, closing my eyes, trying to stop myself from crying.

"I won't ask what Arki said that made you like this but it'll be okay, Hera. Don't be sad. Everything will be alright."

I leaned more against him, his shirt is being soaked by my tears but no one bothered to care about it, we just kept standing there, embracing each other and being embraced by the thick heavy silence.

I'm thankful Alvin is here.

-----

When breakfast is done, Alvin already decided to take his leave because his parents might be worrying about him, he didn't go home last night.

And I don't know how to react when I heard the news that the nerdy king went out and come back after a week.

The queen announced about it in the breakfast and Zoe the b*tch, as I expected, she broke down emotionally because her fiance didn't tell her where he went, he didn't even take her with him.

I was mentally laughing at her because I remembered what happened ten years ago, when he told the old lady to kidnap me and put me inside a house, remember when he was finding Mr Rivera? He had to find him and the evening and sleep around in his cat form in the morning?

His reason in doing that was kinda funny, imagine, he did that because he wanted to be with me!

Hmm, I wonder where he went? And why didn't he took his fiancee with him? He should have took her and never come back here again!