30

He did exactly what he said. Zion asked the maids to move my belongings to another room. I never knew he'd heed my words but he did and I felt bad. What did I expect? Of course, I didn't expect him to leave his room for me but he should have considered the fact that I was used to the room.

My new room looks spacious but nothing compared to Zion's. It has lots of interior design and stuff but it still didn't feel like home as Zion's room did.

I sighed for the hundredth time today. I felt lonely and sad. The maid was finally done and was about to leave. I stopped one of them who then turned to answer

" Yes, Luna?"

" Uhm, I don't know if it's a bad idea to ask but I haven't seen Kate lately, hope everything is good with her?" I asked.

The maid smiled " Yes it's not a bother at all. Kate went to the city. I don't know if she mentioned working in the human world. She goes there two to three days."

I nodded in understanding" Oh yeah, she once mentioned it. I didn't know it was so soon"

" May I leave?" She realized how she sounded " Not to sound rude but I have a lot of work waiting for me" she explained.

" Sure, you're free to leave," I said.

She sauntered out.

I let out a loud sigh once more. I need a gisting partner. Zion hasn't had my time since the last time we talked. He was giving me the space I demanded and here I am eating up with guilt. I should be happy, right? But I'm not and I don't know why is that.

Something from afar caught my attention, I got up and went to the wall to see what it was. It was a sculpted drawing of a lady. She has tears in her eyes. She portrayed this act of being in pain like something she dreaded happening happened.

Why is a sculpture like this hung on the wall? I asked myself. Shouldn't it be somewhere like in a museum or something? I was confused, about who was in this room before. I'm sure someone will stay here.

I looked around but found nothing that could give me a clue. I checked the wardrobe but it was filled up with my clothes. Yes, zion went out and bought the whole boutique for me. That man has tons of money.

" Who stayed here ?" I wondered out loud. My hand went to the drawer beside me and funny enough I found a white envelope. It looks old.

I stared at it for a second then opened it to see what was inside. I brought out a folder of white paper. The letter hasn't been read yet. The letter was forgotten I guess.

I sat comfortably on the bed. Just when I was about to read the content, I heard a knock on the door. I hide the letter under my pillow.

" Who is there?"

" It's me, Ella, open up," Zion's voice said from outside.

I went to unlock the door. He walked in with still this stress-up face.

" What do you want?" I asked with folded arms.

He disregarded my question and kept staring around as if looking for something.

" What do you want Zion?"

" Can't I come over to check on you? I'm here to make you settle well"

I scoffed "As if I'll believe you. I'm sure you are here in search of something so what is it? Is it a love letter?"

His neck snapped to mine so fast that I thought it would break off its socket.

" What did you just say?" He asked

" You heard me well so answer, " I said challengingly. That question was meant to be a joke but the way he reacted to it says otherwise.

" You don't know what you're talking about," he said instead. I'm sure there is more to this.

Could it be that the person occupying this room was a lady? Could she be the girlfriend? Is that letter written to him? I'm really confused right now. I need answers.

" ok"

Zion gave me a calculating look " Is there something I should know? Why do I have this feeling that you have something against me"

I shrugged " I never said I have something against you so stop putting words in my mouth "

He raised his hand in surrender " I was only asking. Why are you all of a sudden, defensive? You asked for space and I gave that to you "

" Then what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be somewhere far from me? " I said challengingly.

" The fact that you wanted space doesn't mean I shouldn't check on you once in a while. For goodness sake, I'm only after your well-being and nothing more "

I rolled my eyes. I wasn't ready for any argument " Maybe you should leave. I need to rest"

" I'm fine. But something brought me here " he stated.

I was all ears " What is that?"

" Alex called "

It's been ages since I heard from Alex. After the night at the party, I haven't seen him since then. I'm sure he also has a hand in this. They all do. Why wasn't I observant enough? I've always suspected that the closeness of Alex had a motive behind it.

" So what does that have to do with me?"

Zion was hesitant at first " he's in the pack and he wants to see you"

I glared hard at him " Why? I don't need any fake friends. He better not come close to me"

" Look Ella, there are things you don't know and I think you better stop blaming people about it "

The nerves of this guy. Did he just say I shouldn't blame anyone for my kidnap? Is he for real?!

" You're kidding, right? Y'all have a hand in this and I'm never going to forgive any of you. You came close to me because of the mission you have in mind and now that you've taken away my most cherished goal, what else do you want? Y'all should let me be!" I yelled.