63

My father glared at the knife. If looks could kill, Alex would have been two feet underground. Does this mean that he cares? Does my father care for me, I could not help but think.

" Ok fine. I accept defeat but what do you want?" He asked

" We want her mother, " Zion said from where he was standing.

" Her mother? Who said I have her mother? And what if I have her how is that your business?"

My heart raced scared that he'd catch on to all the plans. He mustn't find out at all. This will be bad if he does. I was scared out of my mind.

" Hand over her mother to us and you can have the daughter, " said Zion as he came to stand beside Alex.

Then suddenly my father laughed so hard that I was scared. His laughter was so deep that it held so many meanings to it. What was he about to say?

" You think you can all fool me?" said my father " I'm not as stupid as you think. I know she is also an accomplice to this " He said pointing over at me.

Okay, how the hell did he know?

" So stop all the games and let's talk business," he said with a smirk " I'm not a fool. It'll be hard for you all to fool me "

Alex looked at Zion and he was already looking at him. Zion nodded for him to let me go and he did exactly what he was told.

I felt some kind of release after I was released. My neck felt sore. I had to rub it a little to reduce the pain.

" I can't believe you could join hands with them to deceive your father?"

I glared at him. There was no point in lying " Why wouldn't I? You abandoned your daughter for years and then you came back to kidnap my mother. How do you expect me to feel? Tell me, Father"

The words drip with venom. They were hurtful and my heart raced to what he might have done to mom

" Just shut up Ella, you don't know half of the story so don't say things you'll regret, Dad said riling me the more.

" I won't not until I see Mom"

" Your mother is right where she belongs " He yelled.

" In the dungeon where you locked her up, I guess?" I said sarcastically while Dad blared his fangs at me.

" Shut the hell up before I do something we'll both regret," He said but I wasn't having it.

I was about to say something when I felt Zion's hand on my shoulder. I stared at the hand before I stared at him.

Zion shook his head " Leave him to me "

I nodded "OK"

"Oh wow! Look at that, isn't that beautiful? My daughter and her boyfriend " Dad said clapping his hand. " So he is my son-in-law? What a great meeting".

" We're not here for games Leonard. Hand over her mother to us." Zion said with command dripping out of his mouth.

Dad raised a brow without care. He smirked " Arrest them"

A crowded number of guards came from nowhere. They held their weapon ready to attack. We were also ready for whatever fight was about to happen. But they were more populated than we are. What do we expect? We came to their pack so they'd have the upper hand.

" Surrender or I kill you all," Dad said with hate dripping out of him.

"Never. We should fight it out" I said not ready to lose to my father who doesn't give a damn about anything but himself.

" Calm down Ella "

" I can't. This man here annoys me" my voice breaks " He doesn't even show any sign of sympathy at all and it irritates me a lot "

" Look at my prodigal daughter trying to plan my end. Which kind of daughter will ever do this to her father? Of course my daughter.

I glared hard at him " Because you caused it. You caused everything. You should have done the needful while I was young but you didn't. You made me live without a father. Do you know how many times I've been bullied just because my father has never come to any of my social activities at school? " I raised my voice at him and I don't give a damn anymore.

He needs to know the pain he had caused me. Several times, I craved a father's love but I believed my father was dead when in fact he was roaming around like a free man without any responsibilities.

Zion hugged me and I couldn't hold the tears anymore so I cried out my eyes.

Dad didn't say anything then the next thing he said shocked me.

" Arrest them!" he ordered then turned around and made his way inside.

The real fight begins. Zion punches the Werewolf about to come at him. We all made a fighting stance ready for whatever attack. I'm not a good fighter but I learned one or two fighting skills and I guess I can manage with that.

They were too much for us to handle. We were just ten and they were almost a hundred.

Suddenly Alex Screamed in pain. We turned to look at him only to see him on the floor grabbing his stomach. He has a knife inserted in his belly. The sight of his blood made me want to gag.
...

I ran to his side immediately, same with Zion. The blood was too much and Alex was in grave pain. I tried stopping the wound but Zion stopped me.

." He is wounded with silver. The more you add pressure to the wound the more the pain. " He said then tore a piece of his clothes to tie it around the wound.

" I'll manage guys " Alex choked out " We need to get out of here as soon as possible. This is harder than we thought "

I couldn't agree less with what Alex said. He was right. We need to get out as soon as possible before the fight escalates to something terrible.