64

We seem to be having the upper hand. All thanks to Zion for his strength. Most of the warriors are injured and we need to be them out by force. We pushed ourselves back to the gate. My father's warriors were strong too.

It won't be easy to take them down so we did the unthinkable. We threw a bomb at them but luckily it wasn't a deadly bomb. It only brings out smoke and makes them blind.

We used that as an opportunity to run away as fast as we can. A car was already waiting for us so we got inside and zoomed off without wasting any time. Thank goodness we had to tell Stella to stay behind. If not we'll be stranded outside.

My heart was beating so fast in my chest that I felt as if it would come off. Zion rubbed my hand slightly and I appreciate the gesture.

Mom was still in there and now that Dad knows that we knew something about her kidnap, he might hurt her and I won't forgive myself if he does anything to her.

" What do we do now?" I asked Zion.

He let out a sigh " We bring up a better plan. This didn't end well so we need a better one "
..,

I nodded " Where are we going now?"

" To the pack," he said as a matter of fact.

I took in a deep breath as the ride to the pack continued. I feel so sad because what I projected for this plan to be didn't happen. We failed.

*****

A few minutes later we were in the pack and then we were back to square one. I'm also back to seeing Sandra and Luna. I sighed sadly as pack members stared at him with a bad eye.

I guess it's all because I ran away and then the alpha went after me. They see me as a betrayal. I bowed my head in shame. I release Zion's hold on me. He looked down at me in the process but I refused to look him in the eyes. I feel so stupid and ashamed.

" I need a real bath. I think I stink" Alex said while Stella slapped his arm.

" You always Stink so stop trying to cover up things you are "

Alex scoffed " Babe you just don't want to say the truth. We both know that I'm the cleanest of all of them "

I would have laughed if it wasn't because of the situation right now. The warriors went to their quarters to clean up which was then left with Zion, Stella, Alex, and me.

We made our way to the main palace and I couldn't help the racing of my heart. It scares the shit out of me and Zion wasn't giving me a stare. His mind was elsewhere.

The former Alpha held a worried look as he met us.

" What the hell happened? you can't just run off like that without informing me. It's very risky that you risk your life just like that. What if something had happened to you?"

I bowed my head ashamed. I wanted to say " It's my fault but kept mute.

Zion exhaled slightly " Not now Father"

Alex gave me a look as if trying to communicate with me but I didn't understand what he was trying to say. He looked down at Stella who seemed to understand.

Stella came forward and dragged me upstairs, leaving me speechless. I don't want to look like a loser. They were already looking at me as a loser. Doing this will make it worse.

" Stella you shouldn't have dragged me like that. I'll look like a weakling and I'm not a weakling "

Stella rolled her eyes " I dragged you away because of the Luna, she won't miss anything to abuse you in front of the pack member and this seems like the best idea"

I didn't want to argue so I let the matter rest " I need a shower" I said instead.

" I need one too," said Stella as she smelled her clothes. I smiled a little and it did lighten my mood.

" Then go have a birth," I said pushing her in the direction of her room. She chuckled and went off in the direction after giving me a wave.

I sighed and then twisted the doorknob to Zion's room then I realized that I also had my room which was a little closer to his room.

I pushed it in and went inside. I need a long bath.

****

A few minutes later I was out of the bathroom. I had a towel wrapped around my body. My hair was looking clean now after washing off the dirt from it. I stared at the mirror and then the image of my papa flashed before me.

I was a replica of my father. I can't deny that. Why now? Why does he need me now after so many years? It is so sad that he only wanted me just because he needed a successor and not because he was ready to apologize for all he had done.

It hurts that he doesn't care at all. If he cared he wouldn't have left me alone with his warrior to fight. All thanks to Zion who protected me from harm. I owe my whole life to that man and I couldn't be happier because he won my heart.

I'm glad he is the one for me.

I released a sigh and then went to my wardrobe to get a dress. I found a sweatshirt and pants. It seems like the best right now.

Funny enough, they were Zion's. I breathed in his scent and it gave me peace of mind. This is the best I could have worn after a fight.

My stomach growled so loudly. I'm damn hungry. What was I going to do? Zion isn't here yet.

Someone knocked on the door. I furrowed my brows.

" Come in, I said and the door got open. Jeanette came in. She smiled sadly then ran to hug me.

" Miss Ella, why did you run? I was so worried for you and you didn't think of telling me " she said hugging me so tight.

I was speechless. She was worried. Jeanette cares.

" I'm sorry"