54

Stella's pov

I was so worried that maybe something had happened to Ella. My phone has been ringing nonstop and I'm sure it was Alex. I guess he's been looking around for me.

I don't want anything to jeopardize my plan with Ella. I just hope we are about to do the right thing. I was so deep into my thoughts that I didn't see someone coming my way.

" Hello, miss," a voice said with a bow.

I was calm when I saw that it was just a guard.

" Hi," I said cheerfully " What is the name?"I didn't allow my face to give it away.

" It's Philip miss," he said

" Oh yeah, Philip. Is there a problem ?" I asked.

" No not at all Miss"

" So why are you here?" I asked

" I just came to confirm if everything is fine because you've been standing here for quite some time now. This place is out of bounds and I'm sure you're aware of that "

I know he was only doing his work but I still felt annoyed. I never wanted anyone to see us which was why I took this side.

" I know. I needed my privacy which brought me here. I'll be going in any moment from now" I said faking a smile.

He nodded but still didn't leave.

I know the best idea was to leave if I didn't want to raise any suspicion" In fact I'll be taking my leave now".

I walked away from the place and went straight to the palace to check on my friend. Could something or someone keep her waiting or does Zion know of our plan yet? I wondered to myself.

I released a breath and went on to look for my friend.

****

Zion was fast asleep. I checked the time and wasn't surprised to see that it was dark already. I pretended to fall asleep after our moment. I'm sure he thought I was asleep which was why he also fell asleep. I feel guilty now so guilty.

I still felt sour and sticky down there. Then suddenly I remembered that we never used PROTECTION!!

This is crazy. I can't believe we forgot. How can this be possible? I tried calming myself. I should deal with this matter later. I have a pending matter that I need to tend to now.

No matter what happened, I still need to escape this today. I gently got down from the bed and went to the bathroom to do the needful. I was out a few minutes later, Zion was still fast asleep.

I picked up the same clothes lying on the floor and put them on. My heart was beating so fast, I needed to be fast about it.

I was now fully dressed and ready to run out. I stared at Zion's sleeping figure one last time. I wish I could kiss him goodbye but doing so will only make him wake up. I dropped the letter I wrote to him on the nightstand, Hopefully, he'll see it when he wakes up.

I went to the door instantly. I was lucky the hallway was clear of people. I ran downstairs immediately. I put on my hoodie and put on the cap to prevent people from knowing I was the one.

Just when I was about to make it into the bush, I felt someone drag me by my hand. I was scared shitless thinking it was Zion. Imagine my surprise when I saw that it was Stella

She wore a relieved look " I thought something had happened to you"

I was also relieved too. I blushed to remember the event that happened " I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting. "

"Thank goodness you are here now," she said " Some of those guards have gone into sleep. There are only a few of them left "

I was so worried "So how do we do it ?'

" Just do whatever I say you should do," she said and I nodded.

" Ok"

" Here is the plan"

I listened attentively to what she was about to say.

" I'll go there first, then try all I can do to engage in a conversation with the guard. The moment you see me having their attention then you make your move. You sneak up behind them and run away. Make sure you run as far as you can"

I nodded to what she said " What about you? What if they find out you helped?"
head
She shook her " No one will know if the plan turns out successful"

I nodded " It'll turn out success"

" Please take good care of yourself. Don't stop running if you don't want them to catch you" She said seriously

" I won't "

Stella has unshed tears on her face " Just be safe for me ok?"

I nodded " I will"

" I wish you didn't have to leave like this. Please don't get into trouble Ella, I'll call you on the phone I gave you" she said

I know she cares. Stella was about to leave when I dragged her back. She was caught by surprise but when I threw myself on her she relaxed.

I hugged her so tight" Thank you so much, Stella. You've been of great help to me. I appreciate the effort."

" Please don't thank me. I owe this to you" she said.

" Thank you once again"

" Erm Ella?"

I gazed at her confused. Why did she call?

" yes?"

" In case this plan of yours works out and maybe after the issue with your parent is resolved, will you come back?"

I never saw this question coming. I haven't given it a thought at all.

" If Zion still wants me back I'll come back," I said the first thing that came to my mind.

" What if he doesn't?" She asked

" I see no reason why I should then " I forced a smile but thinking about him not wanting me will hurt a lot.

I didn't like how she was looking at me with pity.

" Please stop thinking too much Stella. Let's get this over and done with them we can talk about this some other time " I said.

Stella nodded nevertheless,