65

Jeanette pushed away to give me a stern look surprising me. I was ashamed really, too ashamed of myself " I'm sorry"

" But why?" She asked " Why did you want to escape? I thought you were already getting used to this place?"

I released a sigh and then got up. I went to stand beside the window. I folded my arms " I have my reasons ".
.

" What are they? But I thought we were friends and we share things" She said sadly.

I was glad she considered me her friend now. Jeanette is a very good girl. She is so nice that I sometimes tend to compare her with Kate. Kate is cool but Jeanette is nicer. Jeanette gives me this sister vibe that I love.

" My mother was kidnapped" I started and her eyes were twice their size.

" How? When? Who told you?" She was shocked.

" Yes, I'm telling the truth. I needed to rescue her so that was why I ran away"

Jeanette got up from the couch " But you should have told me about it. Even if you didn't know to tell me, you should have told the Alpha. You got us all worried"

I know, I wanted to say.

" The alpha would have brought up a plan. A better plan" She said.

" But he was wasting so much time," I said " I needed to get it over and done with "
..

She cocked a brow at me and I look down ashamed " Did you now rescue her?"

I shook my head " No we didn't"

She took in a deep breath " I'm sorry you had to go through all this. I'm very sure your mom will come home safe and sound "

" I hope so too. I hope so" Just then my stomach growled loudly. I got embarrassed.

Jeanette giggled " It seems someone is hungry "

" I'm hungry and I can't go down because of how ashamed I was, " I said. I couldn't hide the hunger anymore.

" I'll get you something to eat. That's why you have me here for you by the way "

I chuckled " Thanks a lot"

She waved off " It's not a bother at all. So what do you want for lunch?" She asked

" Anything is fine "

" Ok" She nodded then made her way out

I released a breath I didn't know I was holding. Jeanette is truly a lifesaver. I collapsed on the bed feeling so weak. Zion is yet to come to see me and I wonder what kept him waiting.

I know we were good could it be that his mother Luna must have said something that made him change how he felt about me? I sighed. I didn't want to think too much about it. My heart feels so heavy right now that the more I think about it the more the pain will grow.

I pouted and stared at the clock. It's now five hours since we came back to the palace.

Could he be with Sandra? Could she be keeping him waiting? I thought to myself. I shook the thought away because it was already driving me crazy. I need to relax.

" Ok where the hell is he " I got up " I'm worried sick here "
..

Just then I heard a knock on the door. Thinking it was Jeanette I said " Come in"

I sat back down on the bed.

I was shocked to see Luna herself. I stood up abruptly" Luna?"

She glared. I knew she meant business " Who the hell do you think you are?"

The luna came at me with full force. She slapped me hard on the face leaving me speechless.

" What did I do?" I asked in shock holding onto my face.

" You piece of garbage. How dare you try to risk my son's life? I don't like you at all for him. He cared so much for you that he was ready to do anything to have you by his side but then you betrayed him by running away and he was ready to risk his life for you just to save you! And then when something happens to him, you'll still be alive to do as you please" she shouted all to my face.

My heart broke into pieces " I never told him to come after me "
.

She stared at me like I was stupid

" I never told him to love me too much. I just want to be free from everything. I want to be happy " I know I sound ungrateful.

The Luna couldn't believe what was coming out of my mouth. Her looks gave it away " You ungrateful human"

I wish I was still a human, I thought to myself.

I wiped my tears tired of letting people walk all over me. I just want a normal life. I want to be free to do things by myself. Without anyone telling me what to do.

" What do you want me to do?" I asked

" Stay away from him" She pointed her fingers at me " Stay the hell away from him. You're never his kind of woman in the first place " She looks at me with distaste.

I scoffed " Really?" I folded my arms ready to give her my come back " So who is the better woman for him?"

" Sandra of course," She said

I laughed so hard that I felt the pain in my belly " You're kidding right?"

The Luna stared at me like I was stupid " Did I stutter?"

" Now I get why she feels as if she owns him and that's because you gave her the go-ahead." I said then tutted " What kind of good mother will want her son to go for the sister of his ex? You surprise me, Luna. This just shows that you are your son's downfall." I said in disdain.

She stepped forward to slap me but this time I was fast enough to hold her hand " How dare you?"

I raised a brow " Just because you successfully raised your hand on me the other time doesn't give you the right to raise your hand on me again. Try it again and then you won't like the bad side of me " I threatened and fear flashed in her eyes.

" I hate you" she gritted out

" The feeling is mutual" I smiled just to rile her up more which I successfully did.

If looks could kill, I'd be six feet buried underground.