52

I stated at Alex hopefully. A smile stretched on my face.

" Please don't look too happy yet not until you hear what I'm going to say" he sounded really serious. This made my mood change to that of worry.

I nodded " Ok go on"...

Alex releases a breath " Ella there are things you don't know about yourself. So much that I'm not going to say. I'd prefer Zion to tell you about that "

I furrowed my brows confused " Is it that serious?"

Alex nodded " But regarding your parent, your mom was kidnapped by your father"

" I know that already"

" Your father is a ruler of another community."

Why was he speaking in riddles " I don't get you. Do you mean a king or something?"

" Yes, more like a king but a dangerous king "

My heart raced. Mom? I hope he hasn't hurt Mom yet, oh God.

" What if Mom is she in some kind of danger?" I asked

" For now she's being locked up but no harm is yet inflicted on her. I doubt he'll hurt your mom because he still loves her and she doesn't love him. If her denial persists, I'm sorry he'll not hesitate to hurt her. But right now What we are scared about is, that a search has been sent to look for you, Ella".
..

"To look for me?"

" Yes to look for you. Your father wants you beside him. He wants you as his successor and he won't stop until he finds you. That clan isn't somewhere I'll wish for you to go. They are monsters, Ella. Just be safe here and don't do anything stupid " He warned.

But I was still not satisfied. I need more. I want to know what happened between my parent. Did I come out of wedlock or did they get married?? I'm really confused.

" Don't let your mind wander around. You are safe here and that's what matters" he said.

I nodded reluctantly " Yeah, thanks I guess for the help".

Alex placed his hand on my shoulder " Don't think too much "

" I know" I forced a smile.

" I'll be on my way to Zion's office now. By the way, Stella is at the clinic. That is if you want to talk to your friend " he said and nodded.

" Erm thanks"

I watched his retreating figure till he got lost through thin air. My mind was conflicted. I've made up my mind, I need to escape.

*****

Stella was smiling at the young boy. She was bent to his Level. She rubbed his hair and waved him bye, she looked all smiles as she watched him walk away.

I saw her shoulders stiff, I guess she must have sensed my smell. Freaking werewolves with their sensing gift.

" I guess you felt my appearance," I said with a snort.

Stella turned around. A smile was plastered on her face "You can't blame us "

I chuckled at that " Why do I feel as if you are avoiding me? Is there something wrong Stella?"

Stella waved off " Of course not. I just came here to visit the child and when I'm done I was coming over to your place " she defended.

I decided not to press. I don't know why I feel that these friendship ties of ours are losing their sauce. I want us to be the same as before. I guess she was still feeling guilty over what happened between us.

"OK, so can I have my friend back?" I asked jokingly

She giggled "You always have my attention, Ella, you know that. "

" ok then. Let's take a walk " I suggested and she agreed"

****

We walked behind a tree and sat on the slab built with blocks. We sat for a few hours quietly. I guess we were both deep in our thoughts.

" How are you?" She asked breaking the silence

" I'm good" I shrugged.

" So I hope you are getting used to this pack then?"

." Yep, I'm managing"

This small talk of hers isn't what I need right now. I guess I should go straight to the point then.

" I need your help, Stella"

Stella was alarmed at this " With what
?"

I gave her a firm look " I need to escape from this place "

." What!"

" Yes, you heard me right. If you could help Zion with his plans to kidnapping me so there is nothing wrong with you helping me to escape this place "

" But.

" No, but, please just say yes. I need to do this so badly " I pleased

" I can't do that Ella, This is beyond me and you know that, " She said.

I held her hands " Please help me out here, I beg of you"

" Why do you want to escape?" She asked confused" I thought you were already getting used to this place "

I swallowed " I need answers. Answers regarding my parents. I need to find my identity"

" What you are asking for is so grave. I might get into trouble with Zion and it's never possible to escape. "

" but it's what I need Stella. Please help me " I have unshed tears in my eyes. I can't keep sitting here without doing anything. You know this isn't fair at all. My mom is out there with my father who is supposed to be a wicked being. What do I know? I know nothing " I wiped threatening tears

Stella looks so worried that she looks so conflicted right now " I don't know what to do Ella"

****

Ok, here I was packing a few clothes into my bags. Stella decided to help me and I couldn't be happier. My bag was packed. Although, I didn't hold much. I held just two clothes just in case I might need them.

Stella was already waiting for me at the gate. I was told to disguise myself. So here I was changing into my disguise clothes then shockingly the door got opened. Zion walked in.

His eyes met mine and I froze. I couldn't move because I didn't know what was running into his head.

" Why are you dressed like that?"  He asked.

"Oh, this? I just feel like dressing differently today" I said with a shrugged

Zion chuckled" You look funny"

I was glad he didn't press on the topic more. Zion wrapped his arms around me, he pecked me on the forehead.

" Glad you love my dressing " I winked.

Zion chuckled " I miss you"

I smiled shyly " Miss you more "