51

Things have been going on smoothly between us. Zion even in his full schedule always makes sure he has time for me. He's been acting nice these days which I appreciate but something else still baffles me. He refused to let me in on how the investigation about my mom was going.

Anytime I raised the topic, he either changed it with something else and that bothered me a lot. I just want to know whether she's safe or not.

So, this was why I decided to take matters into my own hands. I decided to sneak into his office to find answers. I locked the door behind me after making sure that no one saw me entering the office. I went straight to Zion's desk and began my search.

There were piles of papers lying on his desk. All I need is something that'll serve as a guide for me to start my investigation. I went through every one of the papers. I left no one untouched but I still couldn't find what I was looking for.

I wiped the sweat on my forehead tired already. I let out a loud breath and then took a seat. I can't leave so soon. I still need to find whatever will lead me to my parents. I've been in the dark for so long that I can't just wait to know what all this is all about. I want to know why Mom decided to hide my father from me. Why does she need to lie to me all my life?

Nothing held a clue for me so I gave up. I went out of the office feeling unhappy. I walk out of the palace to get some air.

Some kids were playing football which caught my attention. It was a march between girls and boys. I guess it was a competition between the two genders.  They should be around 12 years of age if I'm not mistaken.

I smiled when the females won. This is something I love to see, I always love seeing ladies thrive even if we are being looked at as weaklings. This gave me joy.

" It seems you are happy the ladies are winning "

I almost lose balance. He scared the hell out of me. I glared at the intruder and he held his hands up.

Alex chuckled " I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you off like that "

He looks nothing but serious "Why are you always like this ?" I asked annoyed.

Alex raised a brow" Always like how?"

I huffed " Always annoying "

" Calm down princess. I didn't know you were a scared cat, I wouldn't have startled you like that " he winked.

I gave him a look " Whatever"

His mood changed immediately. Alex wore a worried look and I became alarmed " What is it, Alex?"

He looked reluctant at first then said " I need your help Ella"

I was surprised, this was the first time Alex requested something from me. " Help to do what?"

He rubbed his face and then said " I need help with your friend "

" Stella?"

" Who else " he rolled his eyes.

This got my attention " What did she do this time?"

" She is about to do something grave," he said worriedly

I looked around " Let's go somewhere quiet to talk "

He agreed and walked together to a more quiet place.

" Tell me," I said.

" The thing is, Stella and I have been having this kind of a benefit thing going on for a while. When I need her, I go to her and when she needs me she comes to me"

I wasn't surprised at all. I suspect something like that was happening but who was I to talk when none of them refused to admit to that?

Alex swallowed " So, recently, we had an agreement that we'll try to make our relationship work out. We decided to be in a relationship"

A lot must have been going without my knowledge then " So?"

" Yes, we began dating and everything was going on smoothly, just yesterday I received a call from her telling me that she wanted to break up. In her own words, she said ' she didn't want this relationship anymore because she was scared of what people would say. As we speak she broke up with me to be with the guy she met at the Halloween party months ago"'

I was quite confused because she was in a relationship with Fred's friend too. Does that mean my friend was double-dating? I'd prefer Alex for her because they have so much connection but with the other guy, it was like she was forcing a relationship that was never meant to be. I need to talk some senses into her head.

" We all know that she likes you," I said out of annoyance

Alex grinned " Really? She has always liked me?"

I rolled my eyes " Oh please, don't be too full of yourself. You two are just too blind to see the connection you have."

He rubbed his neck " Was it that obvious that I liked her "

" Even if you hid it so well, I still saw some faint hint. Most especially when you see her with a man or something. Now we need to sort this out before it gets too late "

" Yes, please. I don't think I can take it if she mates with some wolf other than me. I don't know what I'll do but all I know is, I'll kill him if he so lay his hands on her" He said in anger.

I scoffed " Look at you, you finally realize that you like her. Isn't that a good thing?"

" Let's solve this issue, please. Call and talk to her Ella, please " He said as he held my hand worriedly

Then an idea came to mind and it won't be bad if I use it to my advantage right?

" Uhm, I also need a favor too," I said

Alex shrugged " What is it? I hope I can help "

" Oh, nothing serious. It's about my parents, I need to know where my mom is taken to. Please tell me"

Alex was reluctant "I can't Ella. Zion won't be happy if he finds out I told you"

I was desperate" I can't sit and wait till everything is resolved. This is the parents we are talking about. How would you feel if you were also in a situation like this? My mind isn't at rest at all. I'm always worried sick. No one wants to let me in on the matter. "

Alex took a deep breath " I'll tell you but promise not to do something stupid"

" I promise "