74

I sat on the bed and had a nice breakfast with Jeanette filling me in on a lot of things that have been going on since I was introduced to the pack members as the Luna. Glad they were all good things. It made me have so much faith in myself that I only wish to be nothing but good to the people of the pack.

" Have you heard anything from Sandra lately?" She asked and I shook my head.

" What about her?"

" She has kept a low profile surprisingly," she said and I nodded in agreement.

" I agree with you but it's a good thing though. I don't think I have all the strength to keep fighting with her " I said with a shake of the head " She is someone I don't want to associate with at this point"

Jeanette chuckled " You could say that any day and time. She must have realized that you are the one the alpha wants and there is no way she can take him away from you"

I hummed while eating my food. This then brought my attention to something " What I don't understand is why is she bent on having Zion when she has a mate who is probably waiting for her somewhere "

" People like her don't want anything that had to do with love. Knowing Sandra, I'm sure she is only after power and riches. "

" She will only keep getting hurt though. All her life she has waited for Zion to return her love but he never will" I said " He was with her sister and then she still expects him to be with her. Who the hell wants to be with their elder sister's fiance "

" Sandra is someone " Jeanette pointed out which made me laugh because she was right.

Sandra has no shame at all. She lived with him and her sister and the people of the pack and she is not ashamed to confess her feelings for him. Who betrayed their dead sister like that? It's audacity for me.

" I've been having a lot of thought lately," I said

She nodded at me to go ahead " What is that?"

" I know how this pack has been so competitive. The way the people of this pack look down on people and so much more. I'd thought it was only done to me but surprisingly I've seen how other pack members are being treated "

" Yeah, you aYeahight. The queen is the one responsible for addressing issues like that but she has been so busy with her travel rather than her job at the packs. This is why we've been hoping that the alpha should have a luna, someone who will address those issues"

Jeanette smile. She held my hands" I'm glad you came into the picture. You are the rightful owner of that seat and no one can take that away from you"

Those words alone brought a smile to my face. It made me feel like I'd achieved something so precious. When we look at it in another direction, I did achieve something valuable. I have a new whole family, I have a pack. I feel blessed though.

" I promise not to let all of you people down. You've all given me a push and it's my time to return the favor" I said

****.

ZION

Zion sat on a chair with other pack elders. There have been issues of a suspected rogue in the pack. It was assumed that he always comes to the pack to see someone, either a mate or an informant giving him information about the pack.

" We need to address this issue Alpha. These rogues are given so much access that they now believe they can come into the pack whenever they please

" I agree with you Master Logan, you have a point there. Something like this happened a few months back and nothing was done about it. If we continue to keep silent about all these issues, then it simply means we are giving them one hundred percent freedom to come as they please "

Zion allowed everyone to say their point on the matter. He didn't want to say anything just yet not until everyone had pointed out their views on the matter.

" So what do you suggest we do next?" His father asked "You've heard all their request and I think we need to take measures right this instance.

" We set a trap," he said all of a sudden.

The whole room was kept quiet. They were trying to digest what he just said to them. Some nodded their head agreeing with that while others were trying to understand how that would help them at this point. They feel setting up a trap will only mean bringing in more problems to the pack but they can't choose one is the best

" Who do you think will help?"

" I think that is a good idea"

Some agreed with him while others didn't. They knew the alpha meant what he said. When he says this is how it should be done, then that is how it's going to be done.

" When we set a trap for them, we get to know why they are in this pack and who they come to see. They must have an accomplice which I'm very sure about. We trap the accomplice together with the rogue. This might sound a little bit off but trust me it will work out well just fine "

They tried to understand what angle he was coming from.

" Let's assume we are setting a trap then what kind of trap are we going to set?"

"I have one planned out already. They come at night and then leave at night. So you don't need to worry about it. Go home to your family and await the good news tomorrow morning "

They knew better not to argue with the king. They dare not go against his order. If that is what he wants then so shall it be?