44

My body jolted up at full speed. I'm not the one to back down. Whatever I put my mind to doing I do it with everything in me. I succeeded in getting to the end. A wide smile crossed my face as I saw other wolves far behind me. A mere human was able to overtake them. Isn't that an achievement?

Surprisingly Sandra was also among too. They all gave me a look of bewilderment, this must be the first time seeing a human win a race I guess. I grinned from ear to ear.

" I can't believe you pull that so perfectly," Kate's cousin said as she stood beside me. She was so breathless. " Racing to the mountain is one hell of a work "

I shrugged " I see nothing hard in climbing a mountain. That is one of the things I have loved since I was little. "

" One would think that you are a wolf but Surprisingly a human. That shows that you deserve accolades" she teased while I laughed. Kate was back in the city, she has some pending issues at the company where she works so she left right away this morning. I feel for her, no matter the money she is to receive, she still needs some rest for herself. She has no spare time at all which made me remember my workplace place

Mr. Daniel is one hell of an employer. He never jokes about being late coming and I seem like one of his scapegoats. The feeling was mutual though, I can't stand him and he knows that.

" So what are we doing now ?" I asked. I was so happy when Zion said I'd be able to go out today. It was as if he woke up on the right side of the bed today. Although I was still angry with him over what happened yesterday with Sandra. He took her side instead of mine. Who does that to the woman they claim to love?

" We stretch. Normally we usually stretch while on the mountain but if you decide to do any other thing you're free to since it's a free exercise. You can do whatever you want to do" She explained

I began stretching instead because it seemed like the best idea right now. We stretched for a few minutes together with Kate's cousin. I think it's high time I know her name. Calling her a cousin doesn't seem like the best idea at all. I know Kate once told me but then it skipped my mind.

" Stop trying to impress anyone here. You are human and people like you aren't needed " Sandra said from nowhere. I didn't realize she was coming our way.

I stopped what I was doing and then faced her "What do you want ?" I folded my hands

" I want you to leave the pack. No one wants you here. You can as well ask the rest" she said then turned to the other groups of people" Do you all want her here ?"

They all shouted no. I wasn't hurt, like hell, I was hurt. I hate feeling unwanted and right now they make me feel that way. I tried as much as possible for them not to see the hurt look on my face.

Sandra smirked " You heard them"

Kate tried pulling me away to avoid a fight but I stood my ground. No one makes me look like a loser. " You just won't stop will you?"

She smirked " Stop what? I was only stating the real truth and you know that "

My heart was boiling in anger while I watched others point a figure at me and laugh. Nothing hurt more than to be the point that at last so to be laughed at.

Sandra drew all their attention " Guys, do you think someone like her will be a Luna?"

" No!" They all chorused

" She doesn't know how things are done here. That's why Alpha Zion is always locking her up just so she doesn't get hurt. A weakling can never be a luna " she insulted.

I grew so angry that I was ready to attack Sandra. This was my time to talk and I did.

" You guys don't even know the difference between right and wrong. Do you all think she will be able to rule ?" I pointed at Sandra.

" Someone who knows nothing but to go after men that don't want her. Most especially guys that belong to her sister. Who does that kind of act on people they claim they love ?"

They all look at each other thoughtfully

" People like she only destroys the lives of others. I might be a human but I don't go after what's not mine. If I was chosen by the moon goddess to be the Alpha's mate then the moon goddess sees me as the best fit to be the Luna. She plans all things herself if I'm not mistaken. So why hate on a girl that did nothing wrong to you, I'm a learner and a fast learner and the fact that Alpha Zion always locks me up in the room doesn't mean that he was protecting me because I was weak" I said. The adrenaline in me kept oozing with every word I speak

" Don't listen to her guys. She only wants your attention " Sandra yelled from where she was standing.

I chuckled " Believe it or not they know the truth but they are only struggling to accept the truth. You wanted your sister's boyfriend for goodness sake. What kind of a sister will do that to her dead sister? You are a betrayal"

If looks could kill, I'd have been buried underground with the daggers Sandra was sending my way. I know that was harsh but she deserves it. She started it all and I just gave her a taste of her tea.

They all gave each other a look, I guess trying to draw an observation from what I just said. Sooner or later they'll realize what her true aim is. By then I'd probably be in bed with Zion having the best time of our life. Kidding.

" I hate you so much" she whispered so that only I could hear and I shrugged

" The truth always hurts."