62

Alex pushed me inside and I almost stumbled in the process. I look like a scared cat. The guards raised their arms just to see that they were unarmed. Alex's grip on my neck was too tight. I understood that he was only doing so to save Zion.

" Where is the Alpha?" Alex asked.

" He's in his courtyard," One of the guards said. The pack members were scared when they saw us coming in. The women queried away in fear, thinking a fight would surface.

" Take me to him" it came out as an order and the guards knew not to disobey if they didn't want him to hurt me even if he wouldn't hurt me

My heart raced as we began to go deep into the palace. I guess Alex saw the fear in me so he whispered " Relax" I wish it was as easy as it sounded.

My hand was holding his arms around my neck.

Some armed guards came running to attack us but one of the guards from earlier stopped them

" Don't do anything you'll regret. She's the Alpha's daughter"

They all gave me a look and when they realized he was telling the truth, they all dropped their weapon.

I gulped softly.

Alex pushed me to continue walking. I need to scold him for manhandling me. Although I understand that he was doing it to save us all.

" Go call him out "

They stared at each other. The guard was contemplating whether to do as they said or not. When they saw that Alex was serious they quickly went to give the Alpha a call. I was shaking terribly. I was about to see my father for the first time.

How does he look now? I asked myself. The only picture of him I've seen is that of when he was in his Thirties. How am I going to react to seeing him? I'm totally confused.

We waited for minutes then all of a sudden we heard loud footsteps coming our way. I knew he was coming.

" Who has my daughter?" A voice booms

He was here.

I closed down my eyes not ready for this confrontation. This is where the main plan is. The game was on.

" Where is the Alpha?" Alex asked instead.

My father chuckled " Bravo! You brought her home to me. Isn't that lovely?"

My closed eyes opened slowly and then there I saw my father standing in front of me. He was starting with a glint in his eyes. My eyes were stuck on him as he was stuck on mine. The resemblance was there.

I did look like my father and I can't deny that. This was my first time seeing him in real life. My eyes water a little but I need to control them just so this would be over.

His eyes held an emotion I can't explain. He stared at me much longer than I could imagine. He was my father and he was just a few meters away from him.

" Daddy?" I choked out. My dad wanted to come forward, I don't know whether to hug me or what but he then stopped after realizing I had a sharp knife around my neck.

" Stay away from her " He yelled at Alex and Alex chuckled.

" Then release the Alpha to us"

" Remember, you're in my kingdom and you have no right to order me in my territory." said my father " Let her go"

" Not until you release the Alpha " Alex insisted.

" I can easily slit her throat if you try any funny business. I bet you don't want to lose her, do you?"

My father grew angry but then kept quiet. He made a signal for the guards to go bring Zion and they went in to bring Zion.

We waited for minutes but no sign of Zion. I grew worried. I hope nothing has happened to him. I don't know what I'll do if something bad happens to him.

Then we heard the sound of footsteps coming closer. My eyes were glued to the passage and then I saw Zion being pushed. He has swelling around his face.

I could hear Alex swear behind me. He was as shocked as I was too. How were they able to bring Zion down? This is unbelievable.

My father gestured over Zion " Here is your Alpha. He broke the rules by coming into my palace uninvited just to make a scene. Such an act can never go unpunished by me.

" Same you did with her mother right" Alex Seethes and I felt like slapping him on the face. He shouldn't have said something like that. That will make him suspicious of all this.

My legs were already tired of standing. Worst, in an uncompromising way. I wish I could go over to hug Zion.

His wounds were already healing but there are some scars on his face yet to be healed. My heart hurts for him.

" Here is your Alpha then you can hand over my daughter to me "

" Never," said Zion from where he was standing. He fought with the handcuffs around his hand but had no way to free himself.

" You best shut up young man" My father yelled " If you don't want me to cut off your hand "

" Let me see you try then," Zion said, and in seconds he freed himself. How he did that was beyond me. He broke off the handcuffs around him and was free. In seconds, he grabbed a stake from the guard holding him and pierced his heart with it.

The guard fell to the ground in pain. I gasped loudly not expecting this at all. My father was furious. He wanted war and it was written in his eyes.

" You just messed with the wrong person," my father said then brought out a weapon ready to attack Zion and that was when I screamed.

" DAD!!"

My father paused what he was about to do. He stared at me and a look passed his eyes.

" Please don't do anything silly if not they will hurt me," I said to him with fear written all over my face.