47

The room was so quiet immediately after Alex left. Then I realized we were just two left. Stella and I. I could feel that she was staring at me but I'm not ready for whatever she might want to say.

" Erm Ella?" She called.

I snorted "Oh please stop acting as if everything is cool between us. Stop acting all innocent because you aren't"

" Please Ella just listen to me " she pleaded.

I sent daggers her way " Listen to what? The lies you want to tell me once again?"

She wore this sad look that hated so much. When she does that look of hers, I always fall for all her lies and tactics.

" Please just listen to me "

I exhaled and then nodded my head "OK fine, what is it you want to say? You better give a better explanation for doing what you did to me. Is this how you'll hand me over to a killer if the situation calls for it? "

" Of course not, I'll never do such a thing to you," she said quickly.

I chuckled darkly " But you did something similar to that right ?"

She rolled her eyes " Just allow me to explain myself please"

I shook my head " If it was left for me, I see no reason why I should allow you to explain anything to me because no matter what out say I'll still not believe you. You had your chances to clear your name but you never did. You didn't even visit or call. Am I that easy to forget? Does our friendship mean nothing to you? "

She has unshed tears in her eyes " I'm sorry. I'm deeply sorry. I was thrown into a compromising situation. I had no choice but to agree with the plan. And I didn't just agree to it like that, I agreed to it because I know that Zion was a kind man, I know he'll take good care of you"

" Good care of me my foot. Where is he now? Where the hell is he? He left. He freaking left me to myself " I was getting angry.

Stella knew how stubborn I could get. She knows I hate betrayal and she betrayed me. Why was I still bothered about that? My mother betrayed me too. My life is turning into a rollercoaster in one day. I feel so stupid right now.

I broke down in tears instantly " I hate my life right now. I hate myself. Is it too much to ask for loving parents? Why do I feel as if there is more to everything? I have this feeling that more secrets are still coming and I'm not ready for that. I'm not at all"

Stella sat beside me and I allowed her. She gave me a side hug " Just know that we all love you and we also want the best for you"

I snorted " I don't even know what the best is for myself. I don't even know the difference between right and wrong anymore. I just want to be happy with someone, I love and who also loves me back. "

" You have Zion" she mentioned.

I gave her a look " As if he cared. You saw what happened earlier. He didn't even bother to stay by my side  and please don't even bother to defend him because no matter what you say, I still won't believe you"

She closed her mouth instantly " I'm deeply sorry you have to go through all this.  Sorry"

I sighed "What do you have me say, Stella? Do you want me to say I forgive you even when I'm still angry at you? I need time, time to get myself together "

She nodded in understanding " I know I also know that you don't want to hear my explanation but I'll give you it even if you don't want to hear it. On this faithful day at the party, the Halloween party we went to. That was the day I knew you mated with Zion. He told me of course and I was so angry that it happened. You didn't even know of our kind and now knowing that you mated with him made me so worried for you.

" When a human lives this kind of life, she goes through a lot, especially from pack members. There are countless cases like this one. I was so scared for you and I didn't know how to tell you.

" Then on this faithfully day, Alpha Zion called me and I went to meet him instantly. He asked me to help talk to you about our world since we were friends but I disagreed with him. I even pleaded for him to reject you but he didn't listen.

Quite right I understood where he was also coming from. Alpha Zion, lost his first mate and thought that he had derived a second mate from the moon goddess then suddenly he met his second mate. I understood that his feeling was everywhere. He wanted you so close to him and especially since he has so many enemies out there when they come to know about you, they might want to hurt you. This was actually why he commanded me to do as he said. " She paused and I waited for her to continue.

" As an alpha that he was, we have no right to go against his wish. If that happens, there is always a penalty for that. I    was ready to be punished not until we heard of that news about rogues in the city. I was so scared that they might come after you if they find out the truth"

" This was one of the reasons I agreed to it in the first place. I intended to protect you and when everything is settled I'll plead to the alpha to allow you to go back but then again, so many things kept happening. I know nothing can justify what I did to you. You have every right to be angry" she said sadly.

" I just want to see you happy and safe"

Then I asked this question that I've long to ask while she started explaining "Can Zion reject me ?"

Stella's eyes almost bulged out at my question " Why?"

I shrugged " I just want to know. Is it possible for him to reject a human?"

" It depends," she said.

I was confused " how ?"

" If he marks you it's very possible for him to reject you. That way the rejection will work out well but in a case whereby he hasn't marked you then you still have to wait till he does that and I doubt Zion will ever reject you" she explained.

Her last statement made me feel some kind of Joy but Zion makes things so complicated for me. One minute we're good the next moment we aren't good. I'm sick of this back-and-forth of his.
.
" Thanks, I guess," I said

Stella looked at me confused "You just thank me "

" Yeah " I nodded

" for what actually ?" She asked.

" For caring, I guess," I said with a shrugged

Stella smiled a little " I've always cared for you silly. You're just like a sister to me "

That melted my heart. I gave her a slight push " Don't get me emotional"

She chuckled "Oh come on"  Her arms were wide open for a hug and I couldn't decline that.

I needed a hug more than ever. I needed someone to tell me it'll be ok.

Caged by the alphaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें